Harvest window - where is it

SuperSize

ok these girls are 54 days flowering, buds been swelling for about a week, pistil are very much all back in the false seed pots, trichs are on top of each other, double the amount on the buds on top of each other if not more, not sure if they are done swelling, but it has gotten a lot bigger than a week ago, water and nutes uptake reduced to only 0.75 liter a day from 2 liter a day in the bubble bucket, GHE Ripen was given few days after swelling started on the 28th Sept and water/nutes uptake went back to 2 liter a day and back to 0.75 liter last night, trichs are around 70% to 80% milky and cloudy, but no amber at all, some looked to be amber but its just the matter of the angle viewing, when I moved around a bit I see it is all just milky.

I've read some places that people have waited 13 weeks for this to go 20% amber, I've read some that says it just doesn't go amber and they chop at any time between 7 weeks to 9 weeks when swelling finished and 80% milky, I usually start to see amber around this time at around 10% to 20% ratio, but with these, not one amber trich at all and I looked every where for it for 3 days, they are white widow x big buds from female seeds, breeder given flowering time 49 days, pre-flowering 2 or 3 weeks before 12\12, flowering started very much a day or 2 after switching, any input guys much appreciated, thanks

P.s I've taken the rest of the pop corn buds I missed when lollypopping to sample, quick dried in oven pre heated at 150f for 5 minutes, turned of and put the popcorns in with them cut up to little small pieces, left them in for an hour and they are dried fully, taste is nice just a little too fresh, very strong head stone with a mild body buzz. Bits I scrapped off the trimmer are very hash smell and very strong, that was gathered over a week or so from trimming some leaves and little bits here and their that weren't swelling.

DSC_000469.JPG

DSC_000573.JPG

DSC_000676.JPG

DSC_000766.JPG

DSC_000866.JPG

DSC_000963.JPG

DSC_001167.JPG

DSC_001260.JPG

being an indica dominant strain mate if the trichs are mostly cloudy i would say your there .
all i grow is indica's and never let the trichs go amber anymore ,indica's are naturally higher in cbd content thats why they smash you into the couch if you let them go amber the stone becomes a very lethargic one where you cant be assed doing anything except eating and watching tv
when ripped at 90% cloudy i find the stone is a good mix of head and body.:)

yea I took a closer look over more branches and they are actually 90% cloudy, and I had a bit of quick drying sample again just a while ago, it was as you said, a good mix of head and body, it just felt right in between and the hit was considering hard for a 1hr30mins quick dry

the thing is, the buds got bigger again today, the smooth shaped colas are now looking like a bunch of grapes

may I let it go for another day or 2 to see if there's anymore packing going on :) I think

also leaves are starting to go yellow

When budz do not swell anymore, take them. You might also look into dying pistils. When they kind of dry out it means the plant is ready.

I normally stick to flowering time of strain.

If it suggests 7 to 9 weeks then i'll harvest either 8th or 9th week & would start monitoring trichome development as well as watching pistils ripen from around the 5th week of a strain in the above mention time frame...

Pistils ripening or changing colour too burnt orange, brown or red colour suggest ripening or development of trichomes, its an old skool method :Namaste:

I normally go by a good 50% pistils changing colour to what i have mention above & more than likely in the last 2 to 3 weeks of flowering & that is when i start the flush for 2 weeks...

I would like to add that trichomes do ripen up during the slow air dry and early stages of curing also...... it is also a reasonable well know fact when trichomes turn amber the THC content is beginning to degrade.

100% milky optimal THC content :love:

I normally stick to flowering time of strain.

If it suggests 7 to 9 weeks then i'll harvest either 8th or 9th week & would start monitoring trichome development as well as watching pistils ripen from around the 5th week of a strain in the above mention time frame...

Pistils ripening or changing colour too burnt orange, brown or red colour suggest ripening or development of trichomes, its an old skool method :Namaste:

I normally go by a good 50% pistils changing colour to what i have mention above & more than likely in the last 2 to 3 weeks of flowering & that is when i start the flush for 2 weeks...

I would like to add that trichomes do ripen up during the slow air dry and early stages of curing also...... it is also a reasonable well know fact when trichomes turn amber the THC content is beginning to degrade.

100% milky optimal THC content :love:

pistils can die and change colour due to many factors,ph,temp,humidity etc and should never be used to gauge a plants maturity.
to be truthfull each singular set of pistils will only last up to a fortnight before they pass their peak and die naturally this occurs throughout
the flower cycle but are replaced by the stacking of new calyx's.
age and trichs is the only true way to tell without scientific examination.
i only flush for the very last week as the plant still requires the nutes all the way to ripening.
these plants quickly use sap for positioning themselves efficiently and will replenish there sap stores totally within a 24 hour period ,people flush for weeks for no reason, the fertiliser is expelled within days of commencing flushing and gone after seven days .

I use pistil color for growth speed of buds, when I see less white and mostly red brown, I know then the growth is slowing down and time to check the trichs, usually easy tell by trich turning amber, but these girls just don't go amber, even at 98% milky cloudy now still no sign of any amber, but sample tells it is very much ready with a strong mixed of body and head hit.only a few big colas are still packing and pumping out in size and shape noticeably for the last 3 days, should stop soon, so I started flushing last night, I expect her to be done tonight or tomorrow night. new white hair are coming super slow so it is very much done after the flush, 48 hours would be enough of a flush in DWC with no over feeding IMO.

day 60 today in flowering, they have not been harvested yet, did a partial harvest of some buds that are smaller but no new growth and pistils are all browned, some were dry enough to smoke, about 20g dried they would be, only about 12 smaller nuggets, hung for 4 days and it was very strong and tasty last night, strong fruity smell when grind up, the rest of the tops are all still getting bigger, some are about 20% to 25% bigger, I think I give them 2 more days to see, and should be very well flushed by then.

most people refer this type of buds growth as foxtailing, but they don't look much the same like other fox tails, these extra growth starts out like fox tail but they get fat as they get bigger, making the cola's looking like a bung of grapes rather than tails

Back
Top Bottom