Harvest!

A2739A7E-6F63-4697-A063-6008759B457D.png

Is it by itself or with others? I ask because you can leave it in darkness for 24-48 hours before you cut it.

Supposedly this has to do with stopping the photosynthesis, thus reducing the chlorophyll, which ultimately is part of the reasoning behind burping during curing....

Is it by itself or with others? I ask because you can leave it in darkness for 24-48 hours before you cut it.

Supposedly this has to do with stopping the photosynthesis, thus reducing the chlorophyll, which ultimately is part of the reasoning behind burping during curing....
i have heard this as well, its the same track of thinking as boiling the roots at the end.
if i rmeember right its something about the plant knowing its time has come and finishing its self off

The reasoning behind burping during curing is to replenish the oxygen for the microbes that have grown to eat all the chlorophyll also to bring down humidity in some cases from the water being held on the inside area of buds that is extracting outward which can cause humidity spikes early into curing. Now the rumors about harvest when dark are true but no need for 24-48 hours to do that. If that is what your trying to do then all you have to do is harvest with in a hour before lights come on. That will be the lowest point that the plant will have chlorophyll in its system which in turn can help you greatly in the curing process. Now I see a post saying to not water for a day or two before harvest, that is a no no unless you live in a very humid place and can dry for five too ten days with no humidifier needed. The longer the dry time is the better chance you will not get that lovely hay smell from drying to fast. So on that note watering a day before can help with adding the most amount of moisture inside the plant and buds which in turn can help you slow down the drying time. So a quick easy way to look at it is, harvest during lights on and plant is aka awake you have the most chlorophyll running through its system, Light off aka plants sleeping has less. Will add some growers do not know that 95+% of pure water is just perspired from the plants leafs. Hope something I said helps. Wish you all the best take care :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom