Harvesting Question

420 Novice

Just a quick question in regards to harvest time. They say 70-90 % hairs amber before harvesting. My question being that after I cut the plant will there still be hairs/trichromes that will continue to turn amber?

They are wrong. Don't take any more advice from them. The hairs (pistils) have nothing to do with harvest other than being a general indicator. By the time you get to harvest time, ALL of the pistils should be colored and pulled back into the bud, not just 70-90%. If you have ANY white pistils sticking straight up, the plant is still in full bloom.

It is not the pistils turning colors that you should be watching. Get a loupe or a microscope and look at the trichomes... the little bumps on the leaves. It is the heads of those tiny things that go amber and tell you when it is time to harvest.

tricomas-4.jpg

They are wrong. Don't take any more advice from them. The hairs (pistils) have nothing to do with harvest other than being a general indicator. By the time you get to harvest time, ALL of the pistils should be colored and pulled back into the bud, not just 70-90%. If you have ANY white pistils sticking straight up, the plant is still in full bloom.

It is not the pistils turning colors that you should be watching. Get a loupe or a microscope and look at the trichomes... the little bumps on the leaves. It is the heads of those tiny things that go amber and tell you when it is time to harvest.

tricomas-4.jpg
Thank you for your response. I have a microscope and have been trying to gauge the trichomes to. Will the trichomes continue to turn amber after that plant has been harvested until the plant has dried? My point in all this is trying to keep highest THC in it. Or i maybe totally off the mark in all this:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom