Has anyone tried the Coolworks Ice Probe?

ovie

I am having some temp problems in my reservoir (3-5gal). Since my res is so small would this benefit me? i'm looking for a drop of about 10-12 degrees. It's 76-78 in my grow room would like to have my res at about 65. I have been getting root rot at 72 (twice)

I tried it in a 10 galon rezervoir.

it can take temp down in 4-8 dagrees f.

but if you don't isolate the rezervoir from outside air temperature it can't halp much.

what i did, was to cover the res sides with polystryene panels, and then duct tape on everything. once i did thet, i drop small frozen batlle in the water, and it keep temp down for 24 hours.

DSC034003.JPG

DSC034013.JPG

DSC034032.JPG

DSC034042.JPG

I purchased one of these, because my aero cloner was getting too hot. Usually around 80 or so, while the room would peak around 80 at about 9 hours. The cloner seemed to hold the heat fairly long with it's two gallons of water in it.

At first, much like Kamikazi stated, it would only hold the temp down about 4 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit. After wrapping the cloner with insulation (all sides and bottom), it now keeps it right at 68F (with small tweaks to the controller).

It should be able to handle a 10 gallon reservoir, as long as it is insulated. The biggest drawback is the amount of electricity it uses, about 50 watts. Which doesn't seem much, but it draws that amount as long as it is running. For 10 gallons or more that would need to be chilled, I think my DIY dorm fridge/wart chiller would be less energy in the long run. While for this smaller cloner, the hassle of running tubbing in and out of the grow area makes it worth it.

The next step to take this is to use one of my Arduino's to do the controlling. I'm already measuring and graphing the water temps.

Back
Top Bottom