Hate to move but am willing.

troublecall

I have lived in Texas a long time. I am new to this forum and always tried to stay below the radar on this thing. I have smoked for over 38 years, yes everyday until.... yep busted. As I always was wary of the younger set I would warn them, it is like speeding, your eventually gonna get caught. Yes I knew all the rules. But do the police know and obey the rules or do they just push it enough to get ya? And sometimes the thing that burns you the most you brought into this world like mine.

I live in Texas, Austin the most politically driven City I have ever lived in. Now here for over 25 years, my home almost paid for and owner of a good business. However almost 2 years ago a situation came up that I thought (dumb me, there ya go thinkin) I needed to call the cops to help with. My son then 22 decided he no longer needed to obey me in my house and attacked me. So I started to go back on him, and stopped. Realizing I had PTSD, and various other issues, this was not good for a veteran of war or for the kid. Of course I would have killed him or beaten him half to death. Instead stupid me decide's, oh yeah, we'll tell it to the cops. What's he do? He allows them into my home and oh yes there was pot... 4 beautiful oz. of premium, and I do mean premium swag, the kind thats cheap but tastes like it came from the right places. As I said I have many types of diseases to include arthritis, lupus, reynauds, bone and tissue degeneration, chronic pain, PTSD and the list continues to grow.

The cops did not mind telling me that they smelled and saw plenty of things to get a search warrant and could not pass up the opportunity to bust my buns. With that and the situation I had plum forgot about the stash and said go right ahead I got rights... oooops. Williamson County Texas is about as bad as it gets with your rights. In they came and yes there it was in a big bag and yes I saved twigs and seed that totaled over 7 oz., I use to make great oil extract and turned into the best brownies in Texas, as far as I know. I got to spend some time in jail as did my son. I am still serving probation. I got two years probation and it has cost me over 10k in fees and fines not to mention business loss, but I can see daylight.

I want to get away from the storm troopers now that this old paranoid vet has been put through the mill and I am just barely able to make using the stupid meds that I have been given to replace what pot could do for me (I now take over 14 pills for just pain). I have gained 60 plus pounds, I am so dizzy from junk pills from the VA I can not finish a sentence without searching for the words. In the 38 years I smoked, I was a very successful business owner (depends on your def of success). I made over 300k a year. Now with the bust and all that I have gone through and getting old with many ailments I make 50-60k a year and only work 50-60hours a month, partially retired I call it (if I smoked I could do more). So, the question becomes this to me.
Where do you move that you can either get it or grow it without the troopers coming down on you?
I know it is a long way around to ask a simple question. Sorry I wanted to kind of give my background and situation. The house will be paid off in 7 years, I would really like to have it paid for so I can say I reached the American dream of owning my own home, and show the cops and the ex. that I really did not need all the crap they and she gave me about smokin and that I could not be productive without being off pot or would have been nothing without her. Yeah right, I raised the kids, kept the house, feed, clothed and schooled them. And still gave her a car, 1.8k per month and over 360k in cash (she spent it all and got nothing now), I feel I bought everything in life twice. But I want to leave my kid behind, that still lives free, in my home, and will not move (he is 24 soon to be 25 and pays nothing). I am tired of some of the uhhh, fair weather friends (you learn who the good ones are when you get busted), and need to find a place to move to that I can relax and do a few spliffs a day without the man getting his part of me. I got 8.5 months of probation left on the 2 years I will have gone 2.5 years without smokin and I really would like another day without pain before I die, and maybe even a little head peace would be nice too.
Got any suggestion? I have had plenty of advise in my life so please keep it to a minmum I did screw up. Calling the cops??? What was I thinking.

Maybe I should also mention, my older sister was murdered when I got back from asia, my father has passed away as has my mother in the past 3 years and this bust. I divorced over 16 years ago. My sisters murderer was never prosecuted by the law, not enough evidence to get a conviction. 25 years ago, like only 12 years after playing soldier in Asia. I have had a great life do not think it has been bad and I am still kick'n it. I will fight till the end. Sorry I did not join the war for making drugs legal before, but I am giving it everything I got now. My PO hates me. I tell everyone that yes I will smoke again. Even the AA folks that I get to see 4 times a month and I never was a drinker, I like the herb.

Short story, right?

Thanks, I will check out the Netherlands.

Can't boot the kid. I tried and the law is where it ends everytime. Sounds dumb I know, but tell me just how do you boot your kid out? Legally. Long story but when he lived with me at age 11 the CPS took him to his moms because he had a bruise and said I did it. I did not fight it, it was from his dirt bike he had ran into a tree. I figured if he wanted to be there and the CPS wanted to believe whatever without asking me they could have him. But by the summer he came to visit and moved back in with me and stayed until he went to the Marines, they did not want him either, drug charges, and they put him out, he totaled his truck, lost a close friend and a girl friend so I felt sorry and said he could move back in until he could get back on his feet that was 2 years ago in February this year.

The wife threw him out on the streets when he was 14, he had gone back to live with her and it lasted a couple of months. Now he is 24. Neither he nor his sister ever wanted to live with there mother that is how f'd up she is her own child stayed with me until she went to college dropped out and got married. Now I am the bad guy and she never speaks to me since she got married. Oh well. Not a problem for me. I would not give her and her husband money when they asked for 5k one christmas and then I find out that she had made an X rated movie, I suspect it was to pay off some jerk that was trying to extort money from them for her f'n up. Guess she was like her mom more than I new it, she won't speak to her mother either. She was raised by me mostly and she graduated and attended christian schools all but a couple of years in middle school. Makes me wonder about christian school, it no longer exists. But one of her music teachers and she sure seemed a bit too close. But now I am the one that all the blame has been placed on for. What a drama... and all that other sh...tuff too.

Thanks for the Tip on the Netherlands.:nomo:

My parents kicked me out. It seemed easy for them to do. I was out drinking with buddies every night and they said i need to pay rent or find another place to live my sinful life. I lived on my own for a year with a gf till the recession hit and i lost the job and they took me back.

Help your son find a full time job and help him find a place of his own.

Have a yard sale, it helps to have less stuff if you want to move. Plus you make a little cash.

Sorry to hear about all your problems bro. They should smooth out with time.

Those Canadians seem to be pretty lax about the issue these days (compartively speaking). Alaska and the rest of the Pacific bordering states all seem to be fairly relaxed on the issue. Many cities/counties/states just give tickets for small amounts these days, but 7oz is going to be problematic no matter where you are. Perhaps a quiet cottage near the sea in some sleepy little coastal community. You might even get some fishing in.

On an additional note, at least you've only 1 ex to give you grief! Been there, done that, a few times.

Cheers!

Hey there:

I hear you with kids and ex wives. I dont have any kids but sure gave my parents greif. Anyway.....you want a relaxed place thats weed freindly. Come where I live. Beautiful Vancouver Washington. Just across the river from Portland Oregon. 1.5 hours from the pacific ocean and 1/5 hour from the gifford Pincho national forest. Its beautiful place to live. You could get a nice place outside the busy part of town. With all your problems you can easily go to the doctor and get a medicle marijuana license. Its like 200 for the card and you have to pay the doctor for the license. After you get it all handled you can grow yourself or license a freind to grow it for you. They even have classes here in Portland on growing. They will help you get the right clones and setup your grow room right. If you get caught smoking in public its still illegal but possession is fine...WITH YOUR CARD...they just look at the card and hand you back your meds.

Let me know if your inrested. I can help you get to the right doctors and point you in the right direction. Want to know about the lifestyle and climate of Vancouver...use the google.

Good luck and hope you find your place.

Jay

hERE IS A LINK TO SOME PICTURES OF wASHOUGAL RIVER. iTS 20 MINUTS FROM vANCOUVER AND EXCELENT STEELHEAD FISHING Camping and hikeing. Ski on Mt Hood in the winter.

WaSHOUGAL RIVER PICS - Google Search

I live near you and all I gotta say is I'm looking for a way to move to California myself. My elderly parents and my medical bills/condition have been my largest obstacle. It sucks around here for weed. You get a good connection they fizzle fast. Or it's expensive as hell like the 150-175$ a quarter OZ I pay.

Your choices are move or start growing. You make enough per year and with your assets to move to California easily.

Imagine California- hour east you're in the mountains. An hour to the west you're on the beach. Weed everywhere. Med marijuana everywhere. Don't you think it might be time to leave all the pain behind of your family and make a fresh start with a clean slate somewhere new?

Living in Austin my entire life it's just too hard to be a head in Texas. Herb will never be legal here and it's too hard to find and expensive. Sure the rest of this thread will be filled with people saying- WTF I live there I'm drowning in herb. Well I know the reality and you know the reality of the situation here.

I live near you and all I gotta say is I'm looking for a way to move to California myself. My elderly parents and my medical bills/condition have been my largest obstacle. It sucks around here for weed. You get a good connection they fizzle fast. Or it's expensive as hell like the 150-175$ a quarter OZ I pay.

Your choices are move or start growing. You make enough per year and with your assets to move to California easily.

Imagine California- hour east you're in the mountains. An hour to the west you're on the beach. Weed everywhere. Med marijuana everywhere. Don't you think it might be time to leave all the pain behind of your family and make a fresh start with a clean slate somewhere new?

Living in Austin my entire life it's just too hard to be a head in Texas. Herb will never be legal here and it's too hard to find and expensive. Sure the rest of this thread will be filled with people saying- WTF I live there I'm drowning in herb. Well I know the reality and you know the reality of the situation here.

Yep...California is really laxed. There are just so many people. I like it where its not the hustle bussel of the big city. I have never been to california...except once I think I went there with my father when I was young. I guess cali has small towns that would be ok.

Jay

Wow, thanks everyone. I guess I got stuck in a big ol rut here and thought I was big enough to take on the world. All I did is get old and tired of hitting the brick walls but I still think things have been good.

Yeah I just can not sleep thinking about my son. I want to help but that might be the biggest part of his problem... me. I am too giving and too soft cause like a lot I lived under a preachers roof and he was hard on me and I wanted to leave and they even helped me put all my possesions in my trunk after I graduated from High School. Yes I went to a couple of semisters of college and then the Air Force and got a degree in Aerospace Engineering - or maybe it is Aircraft Electronics what ever it is I went to so many corprate schools and used my GI bill up for other studies that I am one educated idiot. I study all the time in computers and networks, I love the stuff.

But everyone is great out there. I guess I know it is time for a change and it is very hard to just turn it all over and say here we go.... again. But ain't that what really makes life fun?

Thanks so much for all the input! I am feeling encouraged to move on to new adventures again. Maybe I will even feel like I am not that old.

You can get it for a lot less than 600. I never payed more than...yep 420 for years and then up to 450 for that much and it was always good for swag. But vancoverman you got a real taste for the high life. I spent over a 1.5 years in Thialand and I can tell you that eventually you get used to any of it and it all does about the same.

Once in cal i did some with a family in SF and tripped. I thought when there was an Equake the next day in class and everyone else got under the tables and the cables started slapping the walls I was still trippin.. kind of like the first time in Thialand I had to go look for railroad tracks to find out where the train came from.. there was no rail road tracks just a big parking lot.

You can get it for a lot less than 600. I never payed more than...yep 420 for years and then up to 450 for that much and it was always good for swag. But vancoverman you got a real taste for the high life. I spent over a 1.5 years in Thialand and I can tell you that eventually you get used to any of it and it all does about the same.

Once in cal i did some with a family in SF and tripped. I thought when there was an Equake the next day in class and everyone else got under the tables and the cables started slapping the walls I was still trippin.. kind of like the first time in Thialand I had to go look for railroad tracks to find out where the train came from.. there was no rail road tracks just a big parking lot.

No $600 a pound was for great swag, not good lol... Like smoke 2 bowls and your done... No seeds in it at all..... Not dark green, more light green..

No $600 a pound was for great swag, not good lol... Like smoke 2 bowls and your done... No seeds in it at all..... Not dark green, more light green..

Depends who you know I suppose. I could go get a LB of shwag but all the shwag I seen the past few years is disgusting! 600$ will only get you an OZ of primo bud.

All shwag does for me is give me a headache.

:roorrip:

Would be cool if I was still in TX... I have family and friends back there and I still call it home. Every time I go back, I can get this stuff anytime cause my friend uses it for medical reasons. She has lupus... I can get the medical grade stuff to but its $20 a gram... Also this is Tyler area...

Back on topic, I would move to WA, I have family there as well and The best weed I have ever smoked there was B.C. bud haha... I got some and had to vacuum pack it and stick it in coffee to get the smell down... So, I could drive it to TX for my mom and friends..

right it does depend on who you know. most of what i got was light and very good but 2bowls they would need to be really big for me. I only got headaches from hg stuff, if they did not know what they were doing. 600 I would expect it to be top shelf for Texas. I live in NM when I was in the service back in the 70's and we would ride in on mules and pack em back out and take RV's to the ranch and fill em up. It was years ago and many of the guys I knew then are gone. 1 got in Alb NM prison, 2 others I rode with died on their bikes. Some might of called me a biker but even though I done a lot of work on cars and bikes I got no tats and I always have had shorter hair and looked like a regular business person. So I never really had trouble just with others thinking I might be a pig, but that rarely happens. It's all been cool, except for the incident with my son getting me busted, I have come close but have managed to stay clear for over 38 years of smooth smokin.

Would be cool if I was still in TX... I have family and friends back there and I still call it home. Every time I go back, I can get this stuff anytime cause my friend uses it for medical reasons. She has lupus... I can get the medical grade stuff to but its $20 a gram... Also this is Tyler area...

Nice man.

Yeah I have a solid connection for years and years here in Austin. It's 500 an OZ, 150 a 1/4 OZ. He has like 2-3 primo strains and always a LB of shwag around. The shwag is just nasty ass mexican brick seeds/stems out the ass.

I've tried several other people over the years here around Austin and the shwag they had looked like it came from the same batch as my dealer. All seedy, stems, compressed bud.

Count yourself lucky amigo that you have a good connect down here. I mean otherwise Texas is pretty kick ass. Finding good people can be very hard.

heading out to a pool side party at a friends place... too bad I will not get to participate but will enjoy like minded folks company. Everyone have a great 4th and thanks for getting back at me on my situation with my son. Live free, ride hard and smooth smokin.

Back
Top Bottom