Have A Question Can Someone Experienced Please Give Input

LDGrown

First off Hello all i am new to the forums and am looking for some advice on my Exhaust System.....That being Said let me get to the point and maybe some of you can kindly guide me in the right direction.
I will be growing in a 4x4x7 tent below are the specs of my tent

Mars GROW TENT 47" Sq. x 78" Specifications

SpecificationGrow Tent Details
Size of Tent:3' 11'' x3' 11'' x6' 7''(48''x48''x80'')
Fixture weight capacity:65KGw
Ventilation System:1x8" roof mount; 2x6" upper side mount; 3x.5 sq. foot lower vents;
Electrical Outlets:2 x 3" Holes 1 upper and one lower
MaterialDouble thick Mylar fabric, all steel frame construction
Fixture hanging system3 steel bar hanging and bracing system.
Additional FeaturesIncluded tray liner
Product model number85°F -105°F (30°C - 40°C)

i Will be using the Mars Hydro Reflector 192x5

i will scrog the plants

i am undecided as of now if i will go with soil growing or use a passive DWC bubble system

Regardless on to my concern and question.....

So based on that tents rating how big of a Carbon Filter do i need and an exhaust fan

i want to use a Top Grade Carbon Filter because Odor Control must get at least 95% of odor gone if not 100%

so based on what i have read is that air exchange rate must be 2-3 times per min

can someone please guide me in the right direction so i can create a Negative Pressure Passive Intake and Active Out take Via carbon Filter and inline fan..... how much of Fan do i need and how big of Filter shall i need

To calculate the size of kit you require simply follow these instructions:

Measure the Height, Length and Width (in metres) of the growing environment.

Multiply together (H x L x W) to give the cubic meter volume.

Multiply this figure by 60.

This is the size of kit required to change the air 60 times in an hour.

i don't understand the cubic meter volume? i thought i take the feet of WxLXH then times say 2 for how many times a minuet i need to come up with a CFM rating for my fan and carbon filter but the thing that confusing me is say i do that math i come up with 4x4x7=112*2 = 224 so would i need a 224 CFM rating filter and fan my problem is say i get the Can-lite Carbon Filter 4 inch 250CFM would that 100% clean the odor in the tent if i can the fan sucking the air to exhaust it? i wanna know what im getting into before i spend the money

i have read people using 435CFM fans on a 600 CFM carbon filter to same size tent but idk if that is the correct way to do it... i just need Help so i dont make a noobie mistake

here is the fan and filter i am thinking about getting

Filter
Can-Lite Filter 6 in 600 CFM
Fan
Hurricane Inline Fan 6 in 435 CFM

some people have said its better tohave too big of a filter rather than having too big of a fan is this correct?
and would this set up remove the odor with a negative pressure set up?

Someone has msgd me the answer i was looking for on another forum i woll use the 6inch can-fan with a 269 cfm rating with a duct reducer to a 4inch can-lite carbon filter with a 250 cfm rating this exchanging the air twice per min. I can then either use a 4 inch 170 cfm rated intake fan or no fan and have a passive intake thus creating a negative pressure that will make the tent odorless from outside the tent. You can close this thread

Back
Top Bottom