Having trouble diagnosing my issues, please help!

FaridKhemais

420 Member
Hey guys this is my first grow and I have reached flowering. I switched my plants over to 12-12 11 days ago.
I am getting this browning around the new leaves, and I can’t seem to definitively know what the issue is.
Any help or ideas as to what may be going in will be helpful!!

Attachments

• F723B95E-D81C-47F1-9891-1444580BD0B7.jpeg
    F723B95E-D81C-47F1-9891-1444580BD0B7.jpeg
    634.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 584AD5AD-2D0A-4074-9007-03ACB4B1018F.jpeg
    584AD5AD-2D0A-4074-9007-03ACB4B1018F.jpeg
    756.5 KB · Views: 50
:welcome: farid, i think its a phosphorus toxicity but we need more info.
What are you growing in, soil or coco? if soil what type?
What are you using for nutrients?
Do you PH your water mixture?

Hey thanks for reaching out, so I am growing in soil. The soil was a mixture, (tbh I never expected the seeds to germinate) of potting mix and a compost I made of orange peels banana peels and coffee grounds.
When I first researched the issue (which showed up in the first few days of 12-12 it indicated a phosphorus deficiency. I got a 0.5-2-1 mix and added that to the food. I have been maintaining a PH level of between 6.5-7

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962.4 KB · Views: 24
Since I wasn’t sure why was happening I have been just using plain water, and added Epsom salts to that once about 7 days ago.

good call on just giving it tap water. However, You do need to feed it before it start sufricating from hunger.

What is TBH? I can't find any soil under that name TBH
Also, majority of times you don't need to PH you mixture when planted in soil.

what type of nutrient that had the NPK of 0.5-2.-1
Becasue to me it seems like you just found your issue. (p) at 2
I take that you did follow the instructions and she responded with a phasphoros toxicity. I would use 1/8 of the measuring of the instructions and feed her with that and work your way up.

good call on just giving it tap water. However, You do need to feed it before it start sufricating from hunger.

What is TBH? I can't find any soil under that name TBH
Also, majority of times you don't need to PH you mixture when planted in soil.

what type of nutrient that had the NPK of 0.5-2.-1
Becasue to me it seems like you just found your issue. (p) at 2
I take that you did follow the instructions and she responded with a phasphoros toxicity. I would use 1/8 of the measuring of the instructions and feed her with that and work your way up.
TBH (To Be Honest)

I see, what is your main potting soil? you explained your compost but never mention what type of soil you are using

There is allot of mixed content and believes in Miracle grow potting mix. Although some people grow with that soil I've also have read allot of hectic problems. Right now that is one of them as the mixture has its own fertilizer.
maybe @MrSauga can give you some pointers.

It's hard to say really. It looks like K tox but can't really say for sure. The type of MG soil may not be ideal but the Nature's Care Organic Potting Soil by MG is fine. Others have time released ferts(prills) in them and throw the NPK ratio off that cannabis plants like.
Compost was added to the soil as well so my guess is there are pH issues meaning an acidic or alkaline soil causing problems.

It's hard to say really. It looks like K tox but can't really say for sure. The type of MG soil may not be ideal but the Nature's Care Organic Potting Soil by MG is fine. Others have time released ferts(prills) in them and throw the NPK ratio off that cannabis plants like.
Compost was added to the soil as well so my guess is there are pH issues meaning an acidic or alkaline soil causing problems.

it is really hard to say. When i look at the plant abuse chart it really looks like the (P) tox

I think the best bet is to do a slurry mixture test and find out what the PH and PPm levels of the soil are. Once those numbers are known then you can act accordingly @FaridKhemais

you can look up on youtube on how to do a slurrymixture to watch how its done. Essentially you need dirt and water in a 1 to 1 ratio. Dig about few inch down in your soil and then take half of cup of dirt from inside the hole. Then add half a cup of distilled water to the cup that has the dirt. I just mxi it through out the day. I leave mine at night to settle and in the morning I check the ph and ppm levels.

Here's a link to the test in case you wanted to print it off. Scroll part way down to the Slurry Test Method. There are a couple of different types of tests but use the slurry one for best results.

@MrSauga @PK1
Thank you guys so much... you guys have given me a lot to consider. I made loose choices and didn’t think about it all in its entirety. My next grow will be much more successful. Thanks for all the resources.

unfortunately I had to destroy my plants. My brother in law has mental health issues and due to that and the probability of issues I had to go with safety first. I am absolutely gutted.

your responses and finding a responsive knowledgeable community has given me the will to keep pushing and I can’t wait to update you in my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom