Please help! Diagnosing my plant issues!

KanaGirl

Can someone help me figure out what is going on?

Autoflowers in flower. Plants just started showing these leaf issues about a week ago. Gaia green dry amendments in fox farm soil. Only some leaves are displaying this issue.

Mostly interveinal chlorosis with some rust colored spots. I've included a photo of the garden so you can see that overall the garden is healthy and is doing great.

I have been supplementing with cal/mag and recharge. But still seeing this on some leaves.

Any ideas??

20220317_192008.jpg

20220317_191947.jpg

20220315_145327.jpg

Hi @KanaGirl ! Looks like a simple calcium deficiency to me, recognized by its position at the top of the plant. Increase the calmag to its maximum dosage to see if that fixes it... and by fixing it I mean that it will stop progressing. The marks that are there now will stay for the life of the plant. If it still needs more, give the calmag on each watering, whether it is your water only pass or your feed pass.

Hi @KanaGirl ! Looks like a simple calcium deficiency to me, recognized by its position at the top of the plant. Increase the calmag to its maximum dosage to see if that fixes it... and by fixing it I mean that it will stop progressing. The marks that are there now will stay for the life of the plant. If it still needs more, give the calmag on each watering, whether it is your water only pass or your feed pass.
Thank you @Emilya I have been supplementing each watering, but I'll increase to full dosage :love:

Please see How to Ask for Grow Support and provide the information

It is VERY hard to help diagnose plant problems if we don't have all the required information.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
The ONLY way to receive optimal feedback and support is to provide photos!
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

REQUIRED READING FOR ALL NEW GROWERS!
How to Grow Marijuana

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

The cannabis plant in the photograph appears to display a calcium deficiency on older growth fan leaves indicating the mobile element calcium is being catabolized for new growth.

What is the pH of your water source? Is the water source soft or hard water? When you mix together the nutrients into water what order are you adding the nutrients? Are you stirring the nutrient to mix with the water and allowing time for the mixture to settle before again adding further nutrients? How many millilitres per gallon are you using?
What is the pH of the nutrient solutions pH adjusted to?

When you water your plant are you watering sufficiently to allow the runoff to remove excess unused metabolites from the grow medium?

There is a best order of operations to add the nutrients in, adding the nutrients randomly or in improper order will create a nutrient lockout.

Plants grown under LED lights require additional calcium and magnesium.

when mixing nutrients and adjusting the nutrient mixtures pH you must allow waiting time to approximately 12 - 20 minutes to allow the pH to balance after initial adjustment. the buffering effect of calcium excetera will first display a reading then pH buffer rebound shall change resultant pH of the mixture.

While adding the nutrients if you use a calcium supplement the calcium supplement must be added first to the water.

If using a calcium supplement do not allow the pH to rise above 6.3 otherwise the calcium will precipitate to a solid in suspension and not be absorb able by the plant.

Mix the nutrients well into your solution.

the order in which i adjust and add nutrients is

initial pH adjustment
Calcium supplement
Micro nutrients
Grow nutrients
Bloom nutrients
final pH adjustment

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soilless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a different soil nutrient availability chart

phnutrcombo11.gif

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

How to Grow Marijuana

The cannabis plant in the photograph appears to display a calcium deficiency on older growth fan leaves indicating the mobile element calcium is being catabolized for new growth.
Hi King... Much respect but I don't want confusion to set in based on what you said here as others comment. Calcium is NOT a mobile element within the plant, therefore the plant can not move storehouses of Calcium from lower leaves up to the top where it is needed to build the buds. This is why I know it is calcium, because it is NOT in older growth lower fan leaves, it is in the sunleaves at the top of the plant with the classic spotting of a calcium deficiency. Click this university study for a great chart on mobility, a great resource when it comes to diagnosing plant problems.

canr.msu.edu study on mobility

There is a miss understanding when any element is out of balance where the plant can conditionally catabolize nutrient sinks and in a limited amount mobilize elements for new growth. This leaf damage is the pitted appearance adjacent to leaves "veins" or margins. This action is also presented different among annual and perennial plants. The roles of these micro nutrient in healthy earth or active soil is the same within the plants tissues are either used in the generation of new tissues or act as catalytic surfaces for conversion action of major nutrient bond forms into simple easily usable bond forms of the nutrients for use.

Back
Top Bottom