Heat-FIMming

Donny Danko

Hi all,

During my last indoor grow with Bubblelicious Autos, I accidentally did something pretty cool. I put my 400w MH too close to the plants and the main growth tips on 2 of the 4 apparently got hot enough to kill the main growth tips.
I was super pissed at myself for hurting my babies, but then they started to branch. I kept them healthy and at harvest I ended up with what looked like 2 giant broccoli plants. I was just wondering if anybody else has tried using heat to top their plants?

Maybe if it was done the right way- with a lighter or branding iron, lol, so only the tip got the treatment. It could be a new technique. FIB- Fuck I Burned it, or something...
I'm topping plants all the time. Next time I'll try scorching a couple tips with my lighter in the name of science, if I remember.

Ok, so I deleted most of the pics from that grow, but I happened to find one saved in my messages. The two on the right are the ones that got burnt. The right-rear one had weird foxtail colas but the right-front one was just like an afro of bud.

image25054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom