Heater Location

shathaway

Hello, I have a small grow tent, 2x4x6. I have a small $15 heater from Family Dollar(750W/1500W) that heats the space pretty well. Is it ok to have the heater on the floor facing/blowing on the plants directly? I was thinking about suspending the heater from one of the corners blowing down towards the center or is it ok being on the floor in a corner blowing on some of the plants directly. I have it connected to a heat controller that turns it off when heat reaches 75f, will raise to 76 or 77, then fall and come back on at 73f.

Any help is appreciated, this is my second year growing, making mistakes adding more as I go.

FYI, if it makes any difference, I do have a 300w LED light and a 4"x8" Carbon filter/fan in the room also.

Thank you,

Steve420

you could try setting up the heater outside the tent and have the air passively drawn in though your intake. Thats what I do during the winter my tent is setup in my garage and it gets quite cold without it

If it blows directly on the plants I'd think it's going to make the leaves
that it blows on a little crispy-Could you sit it on the floor and aim it away from the plants?
You should be warming the air,not the plants.

@N420's idea is also a very good one-if it works for him,it should work for you,and it's a lot easier than hanging it in a corner-And we all know that if something falls off the wall in the growspace,it will land on a plant every time...

I can't hear that area, basement is 45degrees f in winter, heater would be running nonstop, can't afford that. I will figure out how to mount it in a corner securely.

Back
Top Bottom