Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto - Soil & CFL - First Grow

Hey everyone! Well into Week 6 now, just a few days away from Week 7. I can't believe how time has flown by.

The branch that partially broke last week has made a full recovery! The branch wan't bothered or stunted at all!

This past week, trichomes have exploded! The buds are starting to become frosty and are swelling day by day. I am hoping for big bud growth in the next week or two, since were getting towards the end. Maybe I'm just self conscious about the size of my buds when looking at other plants.. haha :reading420magazine:

I know there is some sort of deficiency of some sort, though she has gotten the gamut of nutrients from General Organics.. Could also be pH, I haven't measured pH once all grow and don't really want to drop the cash for a meter at this point. By the smell of some of those nutrients I can't imagine the pH isn't affected by it.

I added a 26W CFL for additional side lighting. Towards the end of Week 5, a few leaves started to get crispy due to heat and the lack of ventilation in the top of my cabinet, so I opened up the box for more airflow and set the fan up on a milk crate to blow evenly across the plant. The box is in my closet, so I'm not worried about light getting in during its "night time".

IMG_71234.jpg
IMG_71184.jpg
IMG_71194.jpg
IMG_71203.jpg
IMG_71213.jpg
IMG_71223.jpg
IMG_71252.jpg

I'm really excited to see how massive the main cola gets...

Starting this guy in a few paper towels, so far been in the paper towels for 36 hours, I checked earlier today and the seed had just started to spit to send out the tap root.
IMG_71242.jpg

Also, has anyone tried 'sexing' a seed before? My girlfriend got a seed in one of her purple nugs and I have gotten one as well. According to the sexing chart, I have two females. A friend gave me about ten sativa seeds, two should be female, the rest male or hermaphroditic. I may experiment with them this summer, just to see how accurate the chart is, but don't really want to grow four plants at once..

Add some silica to your nutrient mix and you will see massive supportive knuckles like these. Plus it has other benefits like helps with temp swings, droughts and nutrient uptake.
Message_1424752700592.jpg

Thank you so much! I added some silica in the next two waterings, even though they were nutrient free. The broken branch has formed a little knuckle, almost like a supercrop!

Thank you so much! I added some silica in the next two waterings, even though they were nutrient free. The broken branch has formed a little knuckle, almost like a supercrop!

Hey bro glad that helped out. Nice too see a full recovery. Actually just harvested that plant last night she's in my journal if interested. As far as your girl I would back the nitrogen off a bit leaves look nute burn too me. Without ph it's hard to say. But nitrogen toxicity can lead to smaller yield.

Hey bro glad that helped out. Nice too see a full recovery. Actually just harvested that plant last night she's in my journal if interested. As far as your girl I would back the nitrogen off a bit leaves look nute burn too me. Without ph it's hard to say. But nitrogen toxicity can lead to smaller yield.

Yea, I haven't fed N in a few weeks. I have a feeling my soil is loaded with the worm castings I added early on.. There was quite a bit in there, oh well, live and learn.

I'll check it out!

Yo LL! Looking pretty good in there but I have to agree with Sub, nute burn for sure...you've got time to catch it though. That claw and those saw blades are a dead giveaway, not to mention those crispy yellows..Still, nice job. If you're asking for input, which maybe you're not, I would flush with 3-4 gallons of 6.8-7.0 water. You're pH is likely in the low to mid 5's at this point and if you don't fix it, you may not see much more growth at all and those symptoms will spread. It's not that bad though.

Anyways, my 2 cents! Have a great weekend and keep grindin'!

Trig

Hey all!

Officially into week 7 and Day 42! I stopped nutrients last Wednesday and have begun my flush for harvest. My city tap is 7.0pH, and I did a 4 gal flush Sunday. Thanks for the advice, any received is always a help. My White Widow just broke the surface and is mostly green with some purple streaks, I'm excited for that one, even though I told my girlfriend that will be (mostly) hers to grow.

Spring is here and I am behind on my outside garden and getting a bit behind in school with midterms approaching and finals not far off. As excited as I am for my medicine, I'm equally excited about my veggies! I have a ton of micro greens, jalepeño seedlings, and will start a few tomatoes and ground cherries in the coming week or two in my closet along with the Fast and Vast.

Time to get to class, stay green!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom