Hello, from a new grower in the Northeast!

Hello everyone! I don't usually post on forums, but after months of reading I think you really have something special here, and I would like to be a part of it.

I started smoking for recreational purposes, and again a couple of years ago after a decade long hiatus, but now I find myself interested in the medicinal properties of this amazing plant. I started smoking again recently to help me sleep after I got tired of prescription drugs that sometime worked and sometimes didn't, but always seemed to leave me in a daze the next morning. My insomnia cured, I then noticed that although I had suffered regular headaches my whole life, I hadn't had one since I began using my new "sleep aid". I could go on, since it also seemed to treat severe knee and back pain from some older injuries I had sustained. I believe this amazing plant could help countless people, if only our government would stop lying to us about it.

Anyway, I'm a "chilehead" and have grown a decent size vegetable garden (mostly peppers) every year, so it seemed like a natural transition to stop paying for questionable quality product, and grow my own. I found this site doing research for my first grow (which is now underway) and was impressed by the quality of the advice, the incredible wealth of knowledge your members have, and just how nice everyone seems to be!

This is the place to be if you want to feel like a part of something and not the outsider...I looked through tons of sites when doing my research and was delighted to find this one was so awesome...No questions are unanswered, and nobody makes you feel unwelcome like a few others I looked for answers at...Anyhow, I'm in the same boat. I was a recreational user too growing up, than quit for a few years and used numerous pills for many of my life's issues and found that the side effects outweighed the benefit along with killing my organs...Now I just got back into the loop and realized all of the medicinal benefits I receive from it and how much better I feel. The only issue now is that in Nevada(my state where I live) if you have a MM card or Doctors referral, you can grow your own...BUT..you may only have 3 flowering and 4 vegetating at a time and only an oz of your personal stash...The problem here is that it doesn't account for any trial and error, and unless you have prior growing experience and 100% success with everything, you may come up short...There are too many gray areas in the law and it needs to be revised along with more than just Nevada laws. It is nice to live in a state that excepts MM users, but it needs to stop being such an underground thing and needs to be better excepted among society instead of being looked at as a crime or being a drug addict..Blah Blah Blah, I just got carried away....Sorry!! Good luck to you and happy growing:yahoo::yahoo::hmmmm::hmmmm::thumb::thumb::slide::slide:

Thanks! I get carried away all the time discussing the subject, and I couldn't agree more.:)

I have actually considered moving to a different state, and Nevada is one of the states l researched. I spent a lot of time in Reno a while back and always liked the area.

My state had a medical marijuana bill that passed in 2007, but the governor at the time vetoed it. We now have a new governor that has publicly and repeatedly stated that he would support marijuana decriminalization and medicalization... The bad news is that the 2007 bill had a very narrow list of approved "debilitating medical conditions", none of which I have (thank God!). I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens with the next one.

FD,
well glad to see another east coaster.there r a few east coast states so far but like u said certain med problems only.that sux's.nothing like doing your own.have been inside for 10 yrs now.was out side since late 70's.like them both but having control iside is GREAT.LOL
well hope to b seeing ya around.
Godspeed,
DnR

:welcome:to the 420Mag Family. We are here to spread Cannabis Awareness across the globe. We provide the most comprehensive up to the minute Cannabis News worldwide, so you know all the facts. I will provide some links that will keep you well informed on late breaking news across the world. We also have Legal Medical Marijuana Gardens that will blow your mind. 420Mag has members from around the world who count on us, and the friendships forged here to get the truth about Cannabis.
Why not https://www.420magazine.com/community/ and tell us what you think? If there is anything we can assist you with just say the word. Have a great and safe time, see you on the boards.
Here you grow:
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Facts and Information - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Petitions & Initiatives - 420 Magazine
Plant and Bud Photos - 420 Magazine
Growers Forums - 420 Magazine
Deep Purple in DWC
Indoor Multiple Strain Perpetual- Sour D, Skunk Dog, Purple Nurple, Train Wreck

Back
Top Bottom