Hello from Colorado

TryingOui

I am new to 420Magazine deciding to join the community after perusing your site for a few days now. I am a recent medical user after not having used cannabis since the late 1970's, and is still now like then, a lightweight.

I am amazed at the plethora of strains available today and the potency of MMJ, so I am slowly sampling the strains to see what I like. I know I prefer indica to the cerebral trip of sativa ... I do tend to get paranoid with sativa.

I decided to try growing a plant outside this sumer so I bought a clone (more like a 36 inch plant) and put her in the ground outside. She is doing quite well so my green thumb is still with me after all these years. She is a Haze Mist (yeah I know sativa) so I have been practicing some of the topping techniques I read about here. Seeing initial success (healthy etc.) I then pressed my luck and sought out 2 additional young indica clones even though there is not much time left in the outdoor growing season here.

I have lots to figure out yet like how best to manage within Colorado law no more than 2 ounces at any given time, no more than 6 plants growing with 2 simultaneously flowering. Don't know yields, how to rotate or spread out the growing cycle to be within the law. There are areas of advocacy and deficiencies in the law I am interested in addressing but there is time for that.

I'm having a blast however and cannabis is just as good or even better than I remember. And I am sleeping well at night without being groggy in the morning or all day.

Thanks for a great resource and community.

Welcome to 420magazine Trying..... Sit back and enjoy, lots of good people here and even a few good ones from Colorado..... Betcha the girl is enjoying the weather here lately..... :peace:

Hi Tryingoui, :welcome: to you my friend.
I like Indica doms also.
I have smoked Mexican sats that almost made me crazy.
I'm glad you a a legal user. Makes life a little easier. :grinjoint:
420Mag is a very friendly place.
If you have a site related question, just ask.
Keep sleeping well :) and I'll see you around the forums.
:peace:

Welcome to 420magazine Trying..... Sit back and enjoy, lots of good people here and even a few good ones from Colorado..... Betcha the girl is enjoying the weather here lately..... :peace:

Thanks for the nod ... and yes, she is thriving in this hot weather. Tops that I bent over 4 days ago are again pointing to the sky, albeit a lot bushier. :yahoo:

Hi Tryingoui, :welcome: to you my friend.
I like Indica doms also.

I'm glad you a a legal user. Makes life a little easier. :grinjoint:

I could use some suggestions on strains to try ... not that sampling my way around isn't fun :)

Too old to be dealing with the Sheriff ... gotta be legal.

Hi tryingoui
:welcome: to the friendliest place around :hookah:
lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people here, so sit back, relax and enjoy.

It is great you are venturing into growing your own, watch out, it can be highly addicting :) These are al;ways great places to start...

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

and if ya need a hand uploading pics

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

game already hooked you up with the CO forum,,
see ya around the forums :hookah:

I could use some suggestions on strains to try ... not that sampling my way around isn't fun :)

Too old to be dealing with the Sheriff ... gotta be legal.

Suggestions? OK!
Mapleleaf Indica
Afghani1
Hindu Kush
California Indica
Chocolate Chunk
Brain's Damage

If you go to one of our seed bank sponsors, you'll find these seeds.
Take clones of all girls in case you find a ringer!
I lost to many outstanding plants because I didn't clone in the past.

Suggestions? OK!

CocoJoe, good advice to clone a ringer. I will be practicing cloning off the 3 girls I have now before they go to full flower. Next spring, I plan to try seed in soil and all organic soil base from my own compost and worm castings, and my buddy's horse manure. I am now consuming all the great grow info on these 2 topics at 420 Mag.

Currently trying some Hindu Kush and I like it a lot. Tried to buy an Afghani clone without luck and will sample that next. I will try to find all your other recommendations around the Mile Hi in turn. :grinjoint:Sampling is a blast.

All you guys here are way cool. I am enjoying the community.

Thanks for pointing me ...

Here is a pic of my first experiment. Thinking about forcing flowering at the beginning of August for harvesting by end of September. Also plan to "try" my hand at cloning her just before that.

Haze-Mist.JPG

BTW here is hoping one of the mods can help me with this. I'll like my name to read TryingOui with a capital "O". I couldn't change it by editing my profile.

Thought I would share this here so all my welcoming friends would see it.

For the last 3 days, this long legged spider has been hanging around on top the canopy. There is no web, nest, nor egg cocoon I can discern. One thing for sure, it is keeping my girl free of all insects.

What do you know, my very own natural organic pesticide drone. :slide:

Following through, I pulled 5 cuttings this week to test out my hand ... they are doing great so far except for one faux pas ... left it on the porch on a hot sunny day, but even in the shade, the temp under the dome got quite high. Chased down some bag seed and them in soil now. We'll see ... practice makes perfect. :wood:

Is advertising for the strains allowed on this site, and if so, what is the best forum for that? BTW, just figured out the reps thing so here's some for you.

Following through, I pulled 5 cuttings this week to test out my hand ... they are doing great so far except for one faux pas ... left it on the porch on a hot sunny day, but even in the shade, the temp under the dome got quite high. Chased down some bag seed and them in soil now. We'll see ... practice makes perfect. :wood:

Is advertising for the strains allowed on this site, and if so, what is the best forum for that? BTW, just figured out the reps thing so here's some for you.

so, did the clones survive the hot day out?..
as for seeds,, you can talk about them, talk about breeders, farms, seed banks, talk about quality, reviews etc,,,

just cannot talk about buying them, shipping them, etc, the verbs,, or movement is the key,, me personally , I have had good results with attitude seeds (and they are a sponsor)

so, did the clones survive the hot day out?..

They don't call it weed for nothing - this plant is hardy. All cuttings are smiling and pushing out new leaves at the tips ... one even pushed out a branch at the internode. I think they are begging for food but I am holding off for another week. Lesson learned - don't let leaves touch soil or they turn "brown".

No seeds popped yet but soil appear to be moving/cracking:wood: Going to try germinating with paper towels this week. Sure wish I knew how old the bag seeds are.

Thanks for the other sage words.

Curious about how hot it can get under the dome, I put a dome with just moist soil in pots in the early morning filtered sun on the covered porch. Got to 120 degrees within 10 minutes and 135 within 25 mins. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom