Hello Green World!

Voomp Valerie

Hello All,
My name is Valerie. I am very new to the 420 online culture and I love to say that I am so happy that the voices are being heard in the Massive 420 movement. I have a number of aches and pains for nerve and disc damage I received working as a Cigarette Girl on the Las Vegas Strip... I am very interested in learning from the plethora of information that is contributed by all of you. I am hoping to grow once I have all the knowledge I would need to grow the best! hoping you all can help with some good tips or suggestions on strains.... Happy Voomping:thumb::morenutes::yummy:

Hello Valerie, :welcome: to 420mag!
Fastest way to start learning is to start here
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Great information there! Next, the strains.... Not so easy. There are a ton of strains out there. Try a few at a dispensary/collective near you and get an idea of how you like feeling and what helps with your particular pains. It's a fun way to discover what you want to end up growing:thumb:
I prefer a heavy indica to smoke for pain and sleep, while I also enjoy a hybrid or sativa dominant for my daytime oil to keep me motivated. It's all going to end up bieng what type makes you feel "normal" again. I wish you the best in your search for the best meds for you, and wish you luck in your endeavor into growing! It truly is the only addiction associated with marijuana :)

:welcome: to :420: you will love this place , a happy family :)

this strain is pretty good :)

Medicann Blue Blood Seeds Specs
Genetics: OG Kush x Blueberry
Type: Indica (70%) / Sativa (30%)
Flowering time: 6 - 10 weeks
Yield: Medium
THC content: 15 - 20%
CBD content 10%
Medicinal Uses: Chronic Pain, Body relief without mental intoxication, Insomnia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, MS, Gastrointestinal Issues, Arthritis, Anorexia
Medicann Blue Blood Seeds Info
With this plant we have crossed our OG Kush with an astounding Blueberry that has been with us since 1998. This plant produces buds that have the strength and density of the OG but have that wonderful smell and taste of the Blueberry. The Blueberry overtones over wash the OG so for those of you used to OG this plant will smell and taste more blueberry, however there is an element of diesel fuel to the smell and taste. Not one for an inexperienced medical grower, but well worth the effort for those who can. Blueberry x OG Kush has been bred to contain higher percentages of CBD or cannabidiol the part of cannabis now considered to be most responsible for pain-relief, nausea, as an anti-inflammatory, and for many many other symptoms. CBD has been found to provide physical relief, it actually works to counteract the psychoactivity of THC, allowing patients a much desired element of clarity unassociated with so many other types of cannabis. This strain can also be a very effective insomnia killer, especially if you have pain that keeps you awake.

In short for medicinal users this would be the strain we recommend for a multitude of different ailments. Medicann are currently working on other strains to increase the CBD ratio to further help sufferers.

Welcome Valerie:hug:

Spend some time browsing the journals and different sections like strain review and growers forums. Tons of great information.

One of the things I needed to decide on early on was whether to go with an auto or photo plant. I ended up going with an auto. I'll put some of my thoughts on auto's verses the photo. I'm a noob at this too, so take it for what it's worth.

Autos:
Will automatically begin flowering around 4-5 weeks after rising from the soil, regardless of how much darkness it gets. This helped me because I had a hard time avoiding lights for 12 hours where I was growing (garage). You'll also find out whether it is definitely female. I'm growing Crop King Seeds and the three I've started have all been female.

Typically don't get as tall because once they're a couple weeks into flowering, they don't grow much higher. It's kind of a race against time during vegging to allow as much growth as possible because after 4 weeks, there won't be much branches coming out that will have buds. This worked well for me since I'm so friggin impatient :goof:, the auto got me there in about 80-90 days, start to finish (4 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower)

They're typically more sensitive to topping/fimming, pruning, stress, over fertilizing. Since there is a limited veg period making sure the plant isn't stressed to much is of greater importance than a photo - which you can let veg as long as you want.

They typically have lower THC levels. Partly (or wholly) because they're cross-bred with ruderalis - same family but not THC producing (it's what gives it the auto attributes).

I've never tried but I've read that you can't clone autos. This means that if you have a really great plant, you can't keep her dna going by cloning. Probably goes for re-vegging too.

Photos:
Require 12 hours of darkness to begin flowering. You'll need to induce flowering to tell the sex (or so I think). You can't interrupt the darkness period or it can screw up the process.

You have more control over how long they veg for. This gives you greater flexibility for topping/fimming (trimming the top off the main cola at some point). You can go crazy with LST (low stress training) by bending it in all different ways (some amazing LST done by some growers) and getting better yields and larger buds.

Typically are more potent than a similar auto strain. Because they have no ruderalis in them, they have may have a higher THC content.

They also seem to be more forgiving in the sense you can screw it up, but just let them veg longer to get back in shape. They can also be cloned.

If you have patience and have enough room, photos are great. I am on my second auto grow and the second time around has been much better than the first. At some point I may switch to a regular photo plant. I'm glad I started with an auto - I still sit and just look at it, hoping to see it grow before my eyes.

Good luck in your quest for knowledge:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom