Hello!

Rolypoly

Im new here, but not new to growing things. I sent away for seed from one of the
sponsers, and can't wait to get started.
I'd like to think that I have a pretty green thumb, and can grow just about anything.
Im thinking of this as more of a challenge, to see if I can.
Whats weird is, even tho its not legal, I still want to do it, and am not worried.
I guess it comes from a pro cannabis, pro hemp attitude.
With the hemp, don't get me started with the government and their reasons. Ok, I
wont get on my soapbox.:laughtwo:
All I can say is its good to be here.

Hey Rolypoly, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

Hi, I'm new too, although I'm a beginner when it comes to growing......I've found this is a good site for support with your grow, welcome. :welcome:

You know what the kicker is? I have a nephew who is a DEA
agent down in Arizona.:laugh:
I've been the kind of person tho to do as I please and not care
what other people think. Especialy my family.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I guess I can't pm until I hit 50 posts, so I
have a ways to go. MsBiddy, have you had much experiance growing?

Hi Roly, no, not really, I'm new to it and learning as I go........I've had 1 successful grow in the past of 2 x white widow plants.....nice!
I'm now into my second grow x 2 vanilla kush plants but I was away for a couple of days and they got burnt.....heat stress so they're now in recovery mode........they do seem to be picking up a bit though, I am growing in a small cupboard and was using a 250w hps but the plants grew taller and got burnt......I've now changed to a 250 w cfl which isn't creating as much heat, I'm inly using a small fan and have no other ventilation......but they're doing ok again......they're about 8-9 weeks into flowering but I think the heat stress will add a few weeks onto the time frame......I've learnt a lot on this site and hopefully become a better grower. How about you? How much experience do you have and what seeds did you send away for and what sort of set up do you have?

Msbiddy, I sent away for Barneys 8 Ball Kush feminized. When I was a teenager, I
experimented with hydroponics on houseplants and tomatoes, The house plant did
better than the tomatoes.
This time I would like to try airoponics. I have an old Aerogarden that I would like
to use. And I thought about starting a grow journal here too.
I might even try to take a clone from the one I started to see if I can do it. This is
going to be fun!

Wow, well good luck with it Roly, a journal would be good (with lots of pics), I've never even heard of an aerogarden before so I googled it, looks good, can you only grow one plant at a time in an aerogarden? I read that tomatoes don't do too well in an aerogarden as there's too much light?? Anyway, who wants tomatoes when you vcan get some nice weed:) A journal would be great, get some pics up.

Yeah, I think the Aerogarden would support only one plant at a time since it will
get bushy. I went online to YouTube, and they have people on there that have grown
cannabis with an Aerogarden. Not bad looking.
Its only been four days since I ordered, and it said it takes seven to ten working days
for it to come.
I didn't want to order from the Nertherlands because this
is my first time ordering and I don't know, being a little paranoid
about it, it seemed to me to be a bit obvious.

MsBiddy, I bought Barney's 8 Ball Kush.
My husband knows Im going to be growing. I told him that he couldn't say a peep to
ANYONE!. Not even his younger brother who lives in Alaska, who used to like to grow
and smoke. I told him if he let it slip, I would get rid of everthing.
One of the sad things is, I didn't think I would ever be using my bubbler ever again,
so I gave it away. :straightface: It came all the way from the Czech Republic.
I was asked, why all the way from the Czech Republic? Because I loved the look of
the hand blown bubblers, and they were pretty. And I was NOT going to walk into
a head shop here. Being the over cautious person that I am.:wood:

Understand fully why you're being so cautious Roly, I am too.....I decided to grow my own because it's soooo expensive to buy here in N Ireland....£10 per gram and most of the time the weight is under!!! Pity about your wee bubbler.....but you can make them easy enough, not too pretty to look at though:) Barney's 8 ball Kush, wow, are you going to start a grow journal? Be good to get some pics up, I intend to start one for the 2 seedlings I have growing now, my kitten ate the stems of my seedlings but I was able to save 2 of them......expensive kitty food...lol! It's not illegal to have or purchase seeds here, just illegal to grow them & smoke it, I'm just growing for my own supply, like to chill every night after a stressful day in work with a nice J. ***Free the Weed***

I think I will start a grow journal. And I would LOVE to see pics and read your journal to
see how your babies are doing. Naughty kitty. lol My seeds should be comming some
time this week. I am going to start as soon as I get them. Im waiting on my ferts to
come too. I have been doing a lot of reading up on growing, harvestiing and curing to get
myself prepared. 420magazine is a great place for info and help.
I have kittys too. A brother and sister that I bottle fed when some idiot left them on the
sidewalk with a freee kittens sign. They didn't even have there eyes open yet. They are
now 12 years old. Anniemarie, and Ruffy. I also have 3 Cockatiels, two box turtles, and
a puppy.:love: Yep, we are officially a zoo.:laughtwo:

How are you going to crack your seeds Roly? I crack mine in wet kitchen roll, works for me, usually open in a couple of days..... I read a lot too before I started I'm but still a beginner, there's so much to learn, different people say different things but I've found that you just have to grow with what you've got, and I've only got a small cupboard under the stairs, not much height but I've learnt that I have to start flowering sooner as they grew too tall and got burnt......so that's going to add a few weeks onto my grow time......good to hear you're an animal lover, me too! Sounds like you have your hands full at your zoo, lol:) Be sure and keep your cats well away form your plants!

MsBiddy, Im going to just put them directly in the airoponic pods. They are made of
a kind of sponge material, so I think it would be the same effect as putting the seed
inbetween damp paper towel. I'll be sure to keep the kittys away from the grow.:blushsmile:
I can see why something like that would be very tempting to nibble on.:blushsmile:
:woohoo: 4 more days until expected delivery.

Hey MsBiddy, Im just going to grow one. I am also going to use reflective material to
enhance the lights. We will see how it goes. The vid is interesting. Have to say tho
its a bit out of focus, and sideways.:straightface:

Yep, My ferts, and my seeds came at the same time. I not only got the seeds I ordered, but they
also sent me 2 Big Bud #2(regular), and a Delicious Fruity Chronic Juice, feminized.:woohoo:
I have my Aerogarden set up and going with one Barneys 8 Ball Kush. Because it will probably get
bushy, like the pictures I've seen, I figured it could only support one plant at a time. which is ok
with me. I'll be sure to take pictures of my grow to show you. :slide:

At last, I'm sure you're relieved to get them and great news you got some freebies too! Looking forward to seeing your pics.....can't wait, good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom