Help! Are my buds too small? 12/12 for 4 weeks now

Whyselle

420 Member
New grower here. Grown from seed/ vegged for 2 months. Now 4 weeks since I switched to 12/12. Wondering if my girl is on track or if I am going to have small buds?
B6BA1F4A-B383-412C-9975-C5A763C4363B.jpeg
A4B57B92-B91D-46E0-BE74-9FA187AA4113.jpeg
94A5B2B7-13CD-4D9E-A3EA-073590098575.jpeg
543DAF5F-1F53-4366-87B9-9AF7CC73EB35.jpeg

Tell us some stuff about your grow. What are your plants in? Soil or hydro? Nutrients? Grow tent? ...Box? Are your plants getting fresh air? I have seen lack of fresh air kill bud production. Plants overall looked healthy with small buds. What size light are you using?

Welcome to 420. Nice to have you aboard. Personally, I see in the regular light phot
Tell us some stuff about your grow. What are your plants in? Soil or hydro? Nutrients? Grow tent? ...Box? Are your plants getting fresh air? I have seen lack of fresh air kill bud production. Plants overall looked healthy with small buds. What size light are you using?
I honestly didn’t really expect her to grow but she did. Was more of just a hey I have a seed let’s see what will happen.. but now I’m invested! germinated on Sep 30. Soil, that had fertilizer in it , 10 or 15 gallon bucket. I don’t think I had enough light during veg. So didn’t get bushy or fill in a ton on the inside . But grew and everything looks healthy otherwise. Big fan leaves / lots of fingers. Growing in my spare bathroom. Has exhaust fan on 24/7 so pulling in new air constantly. Used a LED grow light I picked up from Walmart. And have a CFL in there since flowering to add more watts. Not a professional set up at all , but would still like to pull something off it in the end! Seeing all the hairs is exciting. I’m just not sure if they will fill
Out or look to be on track or too small, guess time will tell. Thanks for your time

Sounds like your lights aren't strong enough. Your plant isn't trained to maximize what light there is. Your soil may have time release nitrogen leaving your buds small.

That was my 1st grow. Bag seed, floor lamp turned upside down, miracle gro (time release nitrogen) . She was healthy and grew about 3 foot tall and gave about an ounce.

Yep Walmart lol. I was shockingly surprised that it has grown so well considering being in a dark bathroom with only that light. And yes the pistils have only been around about 2 weeks .

You have about 6 weeks left of growth left for those buds. They will fatten up. I recommend looking in to plant training such as LST and super cropping. Methods like that will help give you a more even canopy allowing more bud sites to be closer to your light.

The last couple of weeks is when the most weight is packed on.

You have about 6 weeks left of growth left for those buds. They will fatten up. I recommend looking in to plant training such as LST and super cropping. Methods like that will help give you a more even canopy allowing more bud sites to be closer to your light.

The last couple of weeks is when the most weight is packed on.
I did some training and clipped it once.

Well there are varying degrees of training. I have seen members here with plants that resemble suspension bridges there are so many tie down lines. The artificial lights that get used indoors do not have great penetrating power. So a flatter plant rather than a taller one is better.

Well there are varying degrees of training. I have seen members here with plants that resemble suspension bridges there are so many tie down lines. The artificial lights that get used indoors do not have great penetrating power. So a flatter plant rather than a taller one is better.
Thanks so much .

Thanks so much .
Walmart might be a great place to buy your chicken but grow lights not so much. Training your girls is always a good idea. But I think your plants are hungry. Light is food for your plants and those buds look hungry.
But otherwise they look healthy.
Good work so far.

Walmart might be a great place to buy your chicken but grow lights not so much. Training your girls is always a good idea. But I think your plants are hungry. Light is food for your plants and those buds look hungry.
But otherwise they look healthy.
Good work so far.
Thanks ! I do agree on the light . This was just a first time hey let’s see what happens kinda thing... and then she kept growing and doing well. So I didn’t invest much $ at all into this grow set up. I would be happy if I pulled an oz off her at the end .

Thanks ! I do agree on the light . This was just a first time hey let’s see what happens kinda thing... and then she kept growing and doing well. So I didn’t invest much $ at all into this grow set up. I would be happy if I pulled an oz off her at the end .
Sounds great, got to start somewhere. I totally understand and that is fantastic.
If you had a look at our sponsors
I mean 420 sponsors there are tons of fairly economical options that will help your babies grow to their full potential. The point of it is if your putting that much effort into this or your next grow it’s to your benefit to let them get closer to their full potential.
Im glad your enjoying your self
that’s important.

Back
Top Bottom