Help ASAP please... Spider Mites

Re: Help ASAP please... Spider Mites... WTF

Droopy, I will order that, but with the holidays I probably will not see it for a week at least. I was hoping there was something I could do now. Thanks for the advice. I found an ounce of it on ebay for 16 with free shipping.

If its from USA it would take around 2 weeks with the hols! If its UK ebay still at least a week :-( A good garden centre would maybe sell one of my organic suggestions but thats not till at least Weds! Neem oil maybe in a health shop but as said before thats not going to kill them.

If it was allowed I would become a bud doctor and do call outs but that would be a perfect world :xmas: until then mate my thoughts are withyou!

A Bud Doctor would be great.

The couch is located in a place that starts with a U and ends with an S, and has been divided 50 times. You then add one currupted district, which gets you fed up with the Eastern side of the place where you used to live. Then you take an old historic trail to a place 3,000 miles away that shares similarities with many shapes. Now you can figure out where I live.

I must 2nd the floramite treatment. living in the desert its very common to battle spider mites Floramite is the best thing i have found to quickly eradicate them.
Wink

Droopy, I will order that, but with the holidays I probably will not see it for a week at least. I was hoping there was something I could do now. Thanks for the advice. I found an ounce of it on ebay for 16 with free shipping.

LOL I doubt if you found an oz for $16, probably 1/4 oz, but that is still more than enough.

Go ahead and order it and you should have it before the end of the week.

Unless you have a TON of plants, just mix up a qt of spray. That will be more than enough. A qt did me for ~15 plants (2 moms and 13 or so clones). Get yourself a good sprayer, like the ZEP (?) ones at HD.

Do ONE application ONLY!! Do not re apply sooner than 30 days, but one application does the trick. Read and then re read the sheet that comes with it.

I wouldn't do anything else right now but wait for the Forbid. Mainly so the leaves don't get clogged up with other gunk and hinder the Forbid from penetrating the leaf. Especially something like Neem that is oily and will cover the leaf and keep the Forbid from penetrating.

For now, just get it ordered and then we'll go from there. If you can snag a wetting agent that will help also. If not, dish soap will do.

DD

Yes, really!

That's why it's sold in 1/4 oz sizes and really that's all you need @ 1/4tsp/gallon. Plus, that 1/4 oz makes ~12 gallons.

That 8oz size would be good if you had an ACRE or so of mj you needed to spray.:wood:

My 1/4 oz has lasted me over a year and there is still plenty left.

DD

Hey Droopy, here is the link.
Floramite SC 1oz. Miticide/Insecticide = 20-25 gallons - eBay (item 330509252008 end time Jan-15-11 12:nomo:11 PST)
As far as I can tell, it says 1 oz for 16 with free shipping. Makes 25 gallons. I ordered it, estimated deliverey is the 30th, so not that bad. I do not see any new mite activity, and the new growth looks healthy. I will still treat everything, but am feeling better about the whole thing. I guess I can count the cost as a lesson learned, and now have a little experince. Many thanks to everyone that contributed here!

I will keep this updated so that someone may be able to learn from my mistake, and see how the treatment works. If you dont mind, take a look at my journal. I can use some pointers being new to this!

420 Community, you guys and gals are great!

Oh, ok. I thought you had gotten the Forbid. The Forbid is much more expensive than the Floramite and neither are cheap.

I have both since you should alternate miticides to avoid building resistance, but after one application of the Forbid I've not needed the Floramite.

Make sure you follow the directions, especially the pH of the water and the temp, otherwise the Floramite degrades very quickly and loses effectiveness.

Go slow, do it right and one application should take care of the problem.

DD

Ive definitely come to this thread late. Just some comments and questions. I too had successful grows with no troubles but do start my grows with clones from others.
This cycle has been nothing but trouble. 13 little babies f**ing mites at about 2 1/2 weeks. I didn't have anything to treat them. Isolated the room and JACKED the Co2. Got NEEM and Organicide... Dipped them. One more spray treatment a week or so later and I haven't seen another mite:). The girls suffered a little but have come back pretty strong. I also bought and brought to the same room another 16 large ladies that, what do you know...had mites...I figured what the hell I'm in the middle of it now. Sprayed and sprayed...no mites. I'm now over half way through bloom...fingers crossed.

Bought another 9 large ladies (from same source), but this time was prepared with Forbid 4F. I have sprayed and will wait at least a week before flipping to bloom. So far they look good...My question...after reading the label/instructions I almost didn't use the Forbid. Is there a residual effect if used in veg?
I also used every precaution and then some while spraying. Long sleeved turtle neck all the way up, ski hat, safety glasses, respirator, latex gloves...etc...necessary or over kill? Used just a small hand sprayer.

I don't like the idea of using something so toxic...but I hate the idea of mites...

Does any one else have any experience with Organicide? I was given the small amount that I used and I'm out. I haven't found where to purchase or if it's worth it?

i found something thats works pretty well called fungicide 3 garden safe brand its a 3 in 1 product.fungicide,insecticide,matricide and is a lot cheaper then forbid.they sell it at Lowe's :peace:

Well if you want to avoid getting all bugs like spiders and thrips etc there is a product that works very well and since I started using it haven't had any bugs once its called AzaMax . Anyways this stuff I use through vegging and up and tell the first two weeks of bud, it works wonders you can spray or feed into your res ( feed in res takes way more and I would recommend just spraying) The plant actually absorbs its and when bugs like thrips feed on them it screws up there reproduction system, its a great product kinda expensive though but well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom