Help ASAP please... Spider Mites

GreenChrome

I just traded 4 of my good clones for 4 clones of a different strain. Guy brings 3, I brush it off, I only wanted 2 and I have time to clone them anyway. I go to repot them and see dirt hanging from the air. I then see little moving dots. I neve had spider mites, nor do I know how to treat them. I have some research to do, but right now they are in a sealed box until I figure out if I can treat them or trash them. Any advice would be appreciated. I have azamax for gnats, can I make a dip? Should I trash these?
I cant buy anything because of the holidays...

Thanks 420

Re: Help ASAP please... Spider Mites... WTF?

they be ok till after holidays buy funigide 3 from home depot its 6 or 7 bucks
8012.JPG

Im worried about them getting to the other plants. They are about 20 feet away in another room now, but I do not have light in there. I might have to figure something out with CFL's, but I am super dissapointed in this guy, and in myself for not checking them out a little better. Last time I get clones from anyone. Seeds from now on. ughh

i like cfls wait and withen 7 2 ten days atleast buy that fungicide 3 it a fungiside mitea side and pesta side all in one and its safe but spray all ur plants when u get it

Re: Help ASAP please... Spider Mites... WTF

There is SNS from our sponsor.. SNS217C I have used it and it works well. They are in veg, now is the time to get rid of the mites... No screwing around, or you will be the one getting screwed... If you spry your plants in flower with stuff, I hope you tell the people that are smoking it what you used, and anyone who sprays two weeks before harvest is a jackass..... You may also want to move them as far away from everything as possible. When you work on the mite plants, make sure it is after you already worked on the other room and you don't have to go back until you shower or change... Don't fuck around with what ever you decide to do... Mites will wear your ass out......

Thanks for the advice. Would it be better/ easier to just toss these? So far I have made a small solution with the azamax and dipped the plants in. Then I potted them and watered them in with the contents of the dip solution. Next, I read that humidity kills mites, so I put them in one of the cloner domes and put a water bottle on top to weigh down the dome for a better seal. Is it generally a bad idea to take in clones? How can you do quick inspections when taking them in? Any key things to look for?

Thanks for the advice. Would it be better/ easier to just toss these? So far I have made a small solution with the azamax and dipped the plants in. Then I potted them and watered them in with the contents of the dip solution. Next, I read that humidity kills mites, so I put them in one of the cloner domes and put a water bottle on top to weigh down the dome for a better seal. Is it generally a bad idea to take in clones? How can you do quick inspections when taking them in? Any key things to look for?

You might as well keep them, consider everything infested.

Humidity does not kill mites, get them out of the cloner before you get mold or rot.

Two things, FORBID and FLORAMITE. You can get them on ebay for ~$20. Stupid expensive and you need a license to purchase other than ebay.

In another life, I used to be a licensed applicator. Do not play around with feel good remedies or stuff you can get at HD or the like. You will just be pissing in the breeze and never get rid of the mites.

I like the FORBID the best and one application will do the trick. Do not over apply or deviate from the manu's directions. It is very potent stuff.

Anything else, you will just be battling them. With either of these you will eliminate them.

I think you answered your own question about taking in clones. LOL

DD

their are many way to get rid of spider mites insecticidal soap works their stuff doktor doom its a fogger i haven try it yet:peacetwo:

I was so excited when I got my hands on clones of Romulan and OG Kush...but they were infected big time. First and last time I will bring in clones.
I used the SNS 219 which appeared to work well, until they went into the bud room then all holy hell broke loose. The adult mites lived through SNS application, then the babies started hatching.
Now, I'm a little OC, so I've Managed to keep them at bay with a paintbrush and insecticidal soap. I'm in the bud room a bizillion times a day looking for adults and hatches. I'm slowly winning the battle.
I have many health issues, one of them being a pissy liver, so I am a little paranoid about using anything but soap. This is the first time I've dealt with mites on my herb, thanks to bringing in clones.
I'm a seed girl.

I was at Kush con and I got a sampel of some stuff called NO spider mites! best stuff I've ever seen. check it out at NoSpiderMites.com and happy growing!!!! :roorrip:

Thanks again everyone. Should I really consider my other plant as infested? These clones came close to them for a few minutes, but were never actually put in the room. I noticed the webs while trying to find a spot for them. Are these mites quick movers. If you have them in one room, will they be in another the next day? Or can one room be infected while the other is fine? I know this is such a newbiw thread, but I wasnt expecting all this last night, and dint have time to do all the reseach. Thanks again 420.

This is from 420, in the Pest's, Problems... Pictorial thread. "Also by raising the humidity in your grow room a lot will kill the spider mites off, by them absorbing to much humidity and will burst". I am not saying this is right or wrong, just saying I read it and this is where it was.

I came up with a few 'better' questions for you experienced growers. I am having a hard time finding threads devoted to this problem because spider mites are mentioned at some point in almost every thread on here. Can anyone point me to a good one? Also, I have come across a few people that have mentioned dipping and treating clones. What is used and how is this done? Finally, how do I tell if I won this battle? Will the clearish spots on the leaves heal so that new ones will be more obvious in a few days?

I think what I should have done was just sucked it up, took the loss, and tossed these guys. It's probably too late for that now, but in the future this will be my suggestion to anyone in the same situation. After the added costs in materials to fight them, time, and stress, it would make more sense to just toss these and order seeds.

Cold Pressed Neem Oil is an excellent option to deter them as they clog up there insides with the fat!, Pyrethrum is the only Organic compound which can actually kill them and these two should ideally be ised first as they are not going to harm yo to much.. You can pick Lettice one day after appliying Pyrethrum so it must be ok. Man its harsh on your skin though so beware!. Neem Oil is by far the safest as is safe to touch but rather a deterant than a killer though. You nned to follow strict 7 day schedule ( 3 times 7 days apart ) to be sure you have everything. You know one pregnant mite can be 1 million in 30 days at 25C!!!!! another thing is they evolve quickly and after 3 times it will be dead or immune!

Just thought I would add I dont have many posts but I do have GCSE Biology and a long lasting love with the plant!

I would say do the Pyrethrum cycle first then use Neem for the rest of the grow! I am doing this for a friend at the moment we are only at first app and are at about 1/4 population! this is via spray hence low success!

Good luck!

I came up with a few 'better' questions for you experienced growers. I am having a hard time finding threads devoted to this problem because spider mites are mentioned at some point in almost every thread on here. Can anyone point me to a good one? Also, I have come across a few people that have mentioned dipping and treating clones. What is used and how is this done? Finally, how do I tell if I won this battle? Will the clearish spots on the leaves heal so that new ones will be more obvious in a few days?

I think what I should have done was just sucked it up, took the loss, and tossed these guys. It's probably too late for that now, but in the future this will be my suggestion to anyone in the same situation. After the added costs in materials to fight them, time, and stress, it would make more sense to just toss these and order seeds.[/QUOTE

I'll repeat myself one more time and be done with it.

Get either FORBID or FLORAMITE off ebay. The guy I buy from goes by Raider_Nation. It's ~$20 for 1/4oz or so, but you only need a few DROPS per gallon. Also has a residual effect for 30 days.

I did one application of Forbid last March and have not seen one mite since. 100% gone.

BTW, I still have plenty of Neem oil, Safers soap and other stuff that works fine for other bugs. Seems to be a love potion for mites though. LOL

If you want to battle the mites and do multiple applications, use anything else mentioned.

If you want to 100% eradicate them with one application, get the Forbid or Floramite, if in Ca.

DD

Sorry yeah as they are so young it dont really matter asbout organic! The things I stated where organic/natural best for the laste stages i.e like my friend only 2 weeks to go!

Be brutal ;-)

Back
Top Bottom