Help! Calcium Deficiency?

Christine Green

Help! I have other girls that are doing just fine under the same circumstances, so I am really confused. I know each plant will be different, but this is really different. Is this a calcium deficiency?
problem_3_.JPG
problem_2_.JPG
problem_1_.JPG

That's what it looks like to me as well.

However, there is the issue of only 1 plant doing this and the rest not that needs to be figured out. What nutrients are you using, and what is the soil mix? Strain? Seed or clone (hard to tell from the pictures). If you can give us some more details (the more the better) we may be able to help out more.

Good luck!

B-

Jimmy6000 and Blazer420, thank you so much for such quick responses.
That's what worried me too Blazer420, 1 out of 10 with a pretty intense calcium deficiency.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clone: King Chem (purchased 11-13-12)

Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest + 20% Coco

Pot: 5lb cloth pot

Nutrients: General Organics Go Box

BioThrive Grow (16oz)
BioThrive Bloom (16oz)
CaMg+ (8oz)
Bio Root (8oz)
Bio Weed (8oz)
Bio Bud (8oz)
Bio Marine (8oz)
Diamond Black (8oz)

Water: Watered with well water ph7 and repotted to the 5lb cloth pot.
Watered once every third day when soil is dry to the touch.

Other Factors: I added 2-3 inches of soil/coco mix to the pot (from that point it started going downhill fast) on 11-19-13. I have only given it nutrients at the suggested amount one time (11-22-13). On two of the water feedings I added 1 tsp of molasses to a gallon of water. I have sprayed it with Neem Oil 3 times to be proactive since I bought it as a clone.

Lights: 6 T5's 3 fluorescent, 1 6500k, 2 is 2700k

Grow Tent: 4x4x8

Fan: 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I will start a journal on this grow with 9 plants later today)
:thanks:

I used magical from technaflora in a foliage feed it's about $12/L or you can buy a 10 product starter kit ($65) which comes with anything you might need. but your CaMg+ should do the same job, read the side of the bottle and it should tell you how to mix it. If it doesn't fix the problem it should give you more time to figure it out. I sprayed them with a foliage feed fallowing the bottle at half strength, it cleared up. I also took the time after that to change my res and double check the pH of my water. I don't grow in soil, but I found the foliage feed to solve the problems. Make sure you only spray the plant with the problem, don't want to over feed the others.

I was reading that a 7ph is high and could lock out some nutrients. I also read that adding white distilled vinegar helps. What I want to know is, do you add the vinegar to the water and wait a bit, and then add your nutrients and feed? Or will the vinegar react with the nutrients in the feeding?
:morenutes:

OK, here is what I would do. Let me first say that I am NOT 100% that this is the problem, AND that there are a bunch of people here with a lot more knowledge than me who may say I'm completely off my rocker. But here goes...

I had a similar problem a short while ago, but mine involved K rather than Ca. Only one of several plants were affected.

There are more ways to "lock out" nutrients than just ph. Using my case as an example, Ca chemically locked out K, so adding more K would not solve the problem.

So, lets see if we can fix this. I would do a corrective flush of the plant. I mean nothing but the best water you can get (distilled or RO) and flood and drain the plant several times until the runoff starts to look clear. Really go after it with the water. You really want to "wash" the roots and soil. When you are done and the runoff has stopped throw it back under the lights. Very good chance the plant will show all the signs of being over watered. No problem, let the soil dry out over the next several days. When the soil is good and dry give it a regular watering. Let the soil dry out but not as much this time and go ahead and feed the girl. Try and do it so that the majority of the water/feed is at or near the edge of the pot and diminishes as it reaches the main stem. Think concentric circles with each pass getting less and less until you hit the center.

Wait a couple of days and see what happens.

Hopefully things will look much better and you can go back to your normal feed and water schedule.

Good luck!

B-

I think you want to be around 6.5-7 for soil at least that what I read online when I looked into it. I sit at 6.0-6.3 for my hydro grow. My nutis suggest 5.8-6.2. if you have a feeding chart it should suggest a ph level for your plants and the feed nutis. I would start there.

I've never used vinegar. I don't think it's a good idea but people on Google try it and get success.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BLAZER420!!!! Will do now.:peace: (I accept all responsibility, LOL)

Please report back on how it goes. Hopefully it helps. I did forget to mention that it wouldn't be a bad idea to ph your "wash water" to 6.2 or close if you can. Your goal here is to start with a clean slate and if you mess up the ph then all this work will be shot.

Here's hoping my advice just didn't kill your plant! But don't worry I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night! :)

B-

I have faith B. I didn't want to give them ph7 water, so I added a tsp per gallon of distilled white vinegar, and it brought it down to 6.3.
Then I gave them all a healthy watering! They look happy, I'll keep you posted.
:thumb:

From Coco Mania by Fatty

"1.never use plain water unless your flushing for harvest. Even if your flushing salt build up,

flush with your desired ph and ec until the runoff is the same as what your putting in.

2.ph 5.8 if you go even a bit over 6 you will get a calcium def a few weeks into flowering .

3.never let the coco dry water atleast once a day with 10 to 20 % runoff or you will get salt build up."

Your pH is too high.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom