Help ha

bubbajake420

hey, i was wondering if i need a ventalation system if i am only growing one plant at a time. any help anyone can offer would be sweet
thanks
-bubbajake

Having ciculation of air is important. Is your plant going to be in an enclosed space or in the open? Movement of air is also important for a plant to grow strong enough to support it's growth.

no its my 2nd time, but 1st inside, and its in the open in a room.. best way to provide circulation of air? thanks for the help

fans work well for that sort of thing usually.

are they in a box, a closet, or a corner? the first two probably at least need dedicated exhaust + oscillating "wind" fan. the last would need only the latter.

I have a tower oscillating fan for my closet grow, and it works wonders in combination with the window fan cooling the HPS light. It's hard to help ya only because we have limited info from ya. You got a pic of the space?

i dont have a pic but its in a room about 3 feet by about 8. i have three in there now, along the long wall. there is one window in the room. i have a bunch of computer like fans that a buddy gave me, and yeah, i am clueless on how to set them up, should i just have them pointing at the plants and lights? and like, its winter here now pretty soon, how should i get fresh air in there?
thanks for the advice guys

you may need bigger fans depending on what type of light you have in the room, are you using HID, CFL, Floro? but i would say depending on how many fans you have position most if not all so that they are pointing at the area just below your lights and just above the top of your plants so that it moves the hot air under the light away from the plant tops. and if you can keep this area at a temperature between 80-90 i think you could spare one or two fans to blow air on the plants to emulate wind.

but most importantly you need the fans to keep the plants cool and to give them new air. but sense your grow is in a pretty good sized room you may be able to bring in enough fresh air by opening the door to the room for a couple hours a day, but if possible at least cut a hole on the door for passive air to come in.

dude your ventilation should be fine with the floros. the only thing you may wanna do is maybe add 1 more fane on a low setting blowing on your plants to emulate wind, but thats up to you.

Back
Top Bottom