Help I'm Screwing Up, Again. Violator Kush, G13 Haze Grow Pic

Raucous Dog

So easy, this Caveman continues to mess up. Three out of four popped in 2 days, front and right rear are G13, left rear is Violator, all feminized. They are currently under four 42W, 6500K CFL's. I have another two 42W and six 24W, 2700K CFL's, along with a 90W UFO LED that I am not using. The front and left rear stretched really quick and I did back fill the stem by an inch for support. I killed a tree in my backyard by back filling.
These ladies are two weeks old. I really expected more growth by now. They have been on a 18/6 light schedule since they popped out. I'm using Miracle Grow Organic potting soil with no added perlite, etc. (I used my Ocean Forest up on previous failed attempts and delegated it to my tomatoes). The stems are really thin at the soil level and are larger at the first leaf, taperering up. Strange, indeed. Due to my having a fan on them to try and strengthen them, I need to support them.
At this rate with an approx. veg time of approx. 2 months, these girlies will be pretty petite and potentially end up with a small yield.

Violator Kush (Indica) comes in @ 22% THC, G13 Haze (Sativa) is 20% THC. Help me get there.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

1.) What's wrong?
2.) Should I transplant?
3.) Can I backfill the stems up to leaves with soil without killing them?
4.) More lights?
5.) Am my just being impatient? Give them time?

Please, please help. This is my fourth attempt this summer. I either have a black thumb or I'm a complete idiot.
I've tried various germination and grow methods taking advice from this great forum over the past several months without success, so I'm a little paranoid now that I have something to get excited about. I guess I'm thinking the worst with this slow, skinny, growth.

P1030335.JPG

P1030331.JPG

Re: Help !!!! I'm Screwing Up, Again. Violator Kush, G13 Haze Grow Pic

do you check the PH of the soil and water when you feed?

I measured 6.8 on the ph meter. Now, I notice that the first Violator fan leaves are turning black.

NEVER USE MIRACLE GROW! Bad idea, too strong for ur little ones. this will cause slower growth or death. start ur seedlings in a lighter medium with less available nutriants next time. for now u gotta wait till u get some roots then transplant to another soil, aurora or even fox farm would be better.

Thanks, reggaemon. So the yellow, and now black, leaves are attributed to nute burn? I'm not sure these delicate fems could handle a transplant at this point. The stem bases are needle thin. They stand on there own now, but the little fan leaves are turning color, rapidly.
Looks like I'll have to drive 50 miles to get some Fox Farm................and, potentially start my 5th freaking grow if these die off. Great! Who said this was easy?:cough:

Ive been there but I did get over it Used the rock wool and waited 1 week then gave a little nutes> worked on my 4th time.:yummy:

I plan on transplanting ASAP to try and give the girls a chance. I have to travel a bit to get Aurora or Fox Farms, though. The big question I have is, when I transplant them, can I bury them up almost to the first fan leaves without killing them? Their stems are so very thin I worry about support.

No. Do not bury or cover the stem. U put ur self at a higher risk of fungal attack (ie stem rot). Remove the dirt of the ones u did recently. That may be what killed the others. The stem will strengthen in time. If it really concerns u u can place a fan on low with enough distance to gently sway them (not forcefully blow). The constant movement helps strengthen them. I'd wait until U have some good new growth 1st (so u know ur roots got a good start). Also if ur indoor (like it appears), U can't expect tree trunk like outdoor.Whole nother ball game. Ur seedling appear to be stretching as well. If its not putting off too much heat get that light closer to the plants or u'll have tall skinny plants. That LED right over the plants would be great for starters I believe. I hear they don't put off much heat at all. U may wanna leave a few CFLs goin too (above it or off to the sides), but be sure to monitor the temp. What are ur temperatures like throughout the day? Another thing I noticed is the soil seems to be moist. Be careful not to over water. its good to let the soil partially dry out b4 watering again. Over watering will lead to poor/slow root development or both. I've experienced similar things with clones. When U planted ur seeds how deep did u plant them? Another thing to consider is (according to the info u provided) ur tryna grow 2 different species of cannabis on ur 1st grow. This is challenging because both species tend to like different things (heat, light, nutes etc) as well as have different growth patterns and finishing times. Just a few things to consider. Good luck. NE thing else just ask.

I always use 100% Earthworm Castings for my young clones. The medium is very mild and gives the babies a chance to lay down some strong root before giving any nutes. Perhaps you can find some Earthworm casting closer thatn 50 miles? Either way, Good Luck!

Looks like I'll have to drive 50 miles to get some Fox Farm................and, potentially start my 5th freaking grow if these die off. Great! Who said this was easy?:cough:

hi Raucous Dog, i'm a first timer myself and i started my babies with ff ocean forest soil and the ff nutes, some jamaican bat guano, never tested my soil or water for ph levels and did just fine. i just didn't overdo it when i watered or fed. followed the ff feeding schedule and stuck to the minimums. i guess what i'm trying to say is, use ff products and don't over water or over feed and u should be fine. if you look in photo gallery u can see the result. i started with 9 plants and ended up with 1 fem but im proud of her. look for the pic with 10 stars. holla back good luck bro:smokin:

you soil may be the culprit to yes def get ffof.

How often are you watering? Just keep the soil slightly damp. Seriously just slightly damp. you may be dampening off. When my babies are in soil and that small I just spray the soil a couple good squirts with a sprayer a couple times a day so I dont over soak the soil before the little one has a large enough root system to absorb all that water.

WOW, not only an my the complete idiot, I'm a freak'in moron. Hey!, After fifthteen to twenty tries, GomerBoy just might get a GRAM.
Yes, I have been overwatering.
Yes, I choose the wrong medium.
BWC, piped it, right. No. Do not bury or cover the stem. U put ur self at a higher risk of fungal attack (ie stem rot). Remove the dirt of the ones u did recently. That may be what killed the others. Thank you. I will try to save these girls.
akaman: i just didn't overdo it when i watered or fed. followed the ff feeding schedule and stuck to the minimums. i guess what i'm trying to say is, use ff products and don't over water or over feed and u should be fine.
I think you confirmed my stupMcBudz

How often are you watering? Just keep the soil slightly damp. Seriously just slightly damp. you may be dampening off. When my babies are in soil and that small I just spray the soil a couple good squirts with a sprayer a couple times a day so I dont over soak the soil before the little one has a large enough root system to absorb all that water.

All you guys and gals have helped more than I can convey.

They have been above ground for over two weeks. One now has the initial fan leaves, black. One has the initial fan leaves, yellow. The temp is pretty much 79, 80, 81.
When I transplant, do I try to remove all the ban MG soil? Will this potentially damage the delicate roots?
I have 6 fems beans left. 3 Violator, 3 G13. Would it be a good suggestion to just start over with the right soil and go with one strain?
Bring the UFO into play?
Again, I apologize. I've tried so many methods of germination (paper towel, soaked in water, and finally what worked, in the MG, 1/2 down, Solo cup, plastic hood on a seedling pad) to different mediums (soil, hydro and back to this one that worked with soil, although bad soil) that I'm totally frazzled. Now, it's a moral imperative to get something worth partaking, even if it eventually costs me $1,000.00 for a single blast.
Your input has kept me trying.
Thanks, again.

You've already fed them? if so that's one of your problems. there was way more than enough nutrients in your soil to feed those babies for at least 10 days if not longer. NEVER feed a newly germinated seedling in soil before 10 days of being above surface. we feed from the beginning in hydro because there are not any pre-existing nutes in water.

I'm driving 50 miles, tomorrow, to get some good soil. Can't get anything close. I'll transpant these bruised girls. Lov'in and hold, squeeze and teas'em. My girlfriend is pissed. Eventually, I'm paying far too much attention to my dying girls and not enough to the, in house, quivering thighs. I'm going down for a long count. Time to chow down. Thanks and, it's so yummy.

Back
Top Bottom