Help: is my harvest ruined?

DBoy90

420 Member
I chopped my 2 plants, hung them in the tent with 2 small fans blowing towards the walls away from the buds, i still had the exhaust fan on. Temp stayed around 60 degrees but the RH sat really high at about 80% for 6 hours. It did have a bit of a mildew smell when i opened the tent. I got the RH down to 57 to 60% and i left the tent unzipped at the top so air could escape. But my question is, do you guys think i ruined the harvest? Thanks.

Is there mold? Want to dry as slowly as you can but keeping an eye out for mold. If you find mold now, deal with it before drying any further so none of it spreads to the buds that are fine. Otherwise cool fresh air, darkness or just no added light and stable temps and you will be fine. Congrats on the harvest.

I looked around but dont think i seen any mold. I freaked out when i seen how high the RH was lol. Forgot to mention they're hanging in the dark. It's kind of hard to balance the environment in the room they're in but i have it stabilized at 59 to 62 degrees and 55% to 65% RH. Thank you for the response I appreciate it. This is my second harvest.

Just keep an eye out. I wait until I can snap the stalks clean and into the jars they go. I never worry about humidity, I just go by feel. Have more than a few years experience(over 20) but everyone has their own methods so just keep it simple for no 2. Soon enough it will become second nature.

It's still drying but it's not ruined. I'm gonna let it hang for another 3 to 5 days and see if it's ready. Right now most of the stems are still bending.

The first pic is before the chop. Purple punch auto by fast buds on the left and blue dream auto by 420 on the right. This blue dream pheno expressed alot purple this run. I ran both of these on my 1st run as well.

20211230_151557.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-063440_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom