Help making a topping decision

Ruthy

This is my first time growing and I have been reading the forums for a few months now.
I was looking for someone that had the same thing going on but didn't find one or just not searching the right term.
What I have is a bag seed from a OG Kush and when it sprouted instead of the 2 main branches there were 3 a defect from what I have read. I topped 2 of my plants a fimmed one. I just wasn't sure which method would be better or something different. I am probably making more out of this than need be but trying to grow as much meds as I can.

I have a 4x4 tent with a 300w LED in M3/Happy Frog 80/20 mix, plants are about 3 weeks old.
Thanks for any suggestions
trigirl.jpg

Wow!! What a great defect!! Hopefully it ends up being female!

I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you topped or FIMmed, but I am very curious. Even if topped I wonder if bother mains would continue with the 3 node pattern. That would be a very dense plant

Wow!! What a great defect!! Hopefully it ends up being female!

I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you topped or FIMmed, but I am very curious. Even if topped I wonder if bother mains would continue with the 3 node pattern. That would be a very dense plant

That's why I looked high and low to find a similar one and the results.
I just don't know if I would be better off just letting it go as is.
Would have been nice to have 2 like that to experiment with :D

Decided I am going to FIM but not sure which spot, I made two lines top and bottom.
The bottom one would include the leaves sprouting but I am not sure if I should just do the inner part.
I was using Light Addicts technique of spreading open the new growth so it is exposed to more light.
Suggestions?

Sorry about the poor quality, I can have a better one tomorrow if needed but I am out for the night.

trigirl2.jpg

I think you want to go above the shoulders of the leaves but under the top red line. I would say more like in the middle of the 2 lines. I just pinch with my thumb and finger. No real preciseness when I do it. It is called "fim" or "Fxck I missed"

I am definitely no expert so lets see what others say...

Like others said, I'd cut them just a little bit lower than the first red line. I did that to my plants for the first time about 2 weeks ago and it worked in at least 2 out of 3 (by worked I mean they are growing at least 3 colas from the same spot).

If you wanted to top the plant you'd just have to make the cut a bit lower than the second red line IMO.

Who wants 2 main colas when you can get 4 though? FIM is the way to go (and it doesn't stress them as much either).

Also, consider making a clone out of that plant :Namaste:

Thanks everyone for confirming what I thought to be the best route.
I am new to growing and when I can't find an a answer on the forums or internet I think just better to ask.
Well here is a pic of it, I forgot my good camera again so this will have to do.
Guess will find out soon enough if I did it right.
trifim.jpg

Back
Top Bottom