Help me decide

Mrmetfan

OK so I'm going to start my first grow this weekend. I received my first order today and some beans were crushed.bull$hit but what can u do. So I have 8 auto seeds. 2 fem. And 2 regular. I have a 4x2 tent with 400 watt hid. How should I break this up? 4 plants each cycle? Or should I do more / less at a time? I didn't buy my pots yet either. I'm undecided what size to get. Can anyone give me some ideas. Also I emailed the seed bank about the crushed seeds. I wonder what there response is going to be

re: Help me decide.

i would get 2 going, when they are halfway through their cycle set in another 2, make it perpetual, a little variety on a monthly basis

I think you'd be happy with 5 gallon pots. I have my autos in 3 and wish I had planted them in 5. They could have been bigger.
I agree with C on the perpetual.

Hopefully they will replace the crushed seeds. Nobody wants to "collect" crushed seeds. What's the fun in that?

The perpetual thing doesn't make sense to me. Starting plants at 2week intervals sounds cool but than the different stages will require different light requirements. I'm to new/simple to do something like this for a first grow. Also I was assuming I needed my tent to dry/cure the buds after I harvest to keep the smell at bay in the house.

I'm hijacking my own post. 1 thing that I'm worried about is fryingy plant. When I have a little seedling how far / close to I put the light. 400 watt mh. I don't wanna stretch/burn
I would be devastated lol

if that your intent,then put 3 in 5 gallon pots/buckets
grow them/harvest them/dry them/replant/repeat

whats the big plan,jeffe??
will you only, ever have one area??,looking to keep a mother?? veg area??

The perpetual thing doesn't make sense to me. Starting plants at 2week intervals sounds cool but than the different stages will require different light requirements. I'm to new/simple to do something like this for a first grow. Also I was assuming I needed my tent to dry/cure the buds after I harvest to keep the smell at bay in the house.

You don't change the light cycle with auto flowers. They do best if you stick with one. So do perpetual in the same room. I was intending to dry in my tent too, but they wont be done at the exact same time. So I have t use a closet or something. I've been told b a grower I trust that they shouldn't smell too much while hanging, It's once they begin to cure that they really get stinky.

if that your intent,then put 3 in 5 gallon pots/buckets
grow them/harvest them/dry them/replant/repeat

whats the big plan,jeffe??
will you only, ever have one area??,looking to keep a mother?? veg area??

I def want to get into cloning but for now I have enough on my plate just to get this tent set up. I'm such a dummy a d I see others a lot of different ways to set up.

Re: Help me decide.

you're no dummy, its called learning, some have just been in class longer

green wishes to a successful journey

I flower in 5 gallon pots. I recommend you grow no more then 4 plants for your first grow. I recommend you chose a different place to dry your harvest in then your tent as your flowering times may be different and light and high temperatures will degrade drying cannabis. Is your light reflector air cooled or non air cooled? place your hand underneath the light bulb to the point you can not feel any heat and move the light above your canopy to that position, raise the light as your plants grow.

here are some lumen versus distance charts they do not take heat into account.

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom