Help me design a RDWC system

Nutria

Hello growers! After a single bucket dwc grow and a coco/perlite grow i decide to step up and try a sog grow (clones) in a RDWC system.
Let me start saying that here where I live it is hard to find the right equipment.
My grow space is 2x2ft (4.6ft height) and I want to fit 9 buckets inside, each bucket is 1-1.5 gal, problem is they are made of PE plastic so silicone doesn't work to seal leakes. BTW I have a specific glue for it.
I see lot of people using rigid PVC pipes to connect buckets, what is the advantage vs irrigation tubing? Size maybe?
Since I am using small buckets I am thinking on using 0.15" and 0.5" (inner diameter) tubing, too small? In line will be 0.15", drain line 0.5".
Also, I do not want to connect buckets after each other. Instead I want to run a feed mainline and a drain mainline (each 0.5"), then a smaller tubing (0.15") to feed each bucket from the mainline. 0.5" tubing for drain. Is it a problem to use different tubing size for feed and drain?
Feed line will be placed on the top of the bucket while drain on the bottom. Each bucket (and reservoir) will have an air stone.
A water pump placed in the reservoir will push the nutrient solution through the feed mainline. No water chiller.
Water level should be the same on the whole system, am I right?

Sry for my English, not my mother language.
Will update with a MSpaint lol.

rdwc2.jpg

MSpaint!

(micro)irrigation tubing vs rigid pvc pipes?
different tubing size?
reservoir capacity?
is the 35w air pump enough?

I want it to be modular so if I have to lower the number of buckets it is simple as adding more.

Back
Top Bottom