Help needed!

Deristotle462

420 Member
I have a plant that seems sick. Her leaves are yellowing (still green veins) and tips of leaves are pointing down. I don’t give her any nutes so I don’t think it’s burn, but possibly a deficiency. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 8A56120D-AFFF-46D8-9571-1A2CACD8FB99.jpeg
    8A56120D-AFFF-46D8-9571-1A2CACD8FB99.jpeg
    463.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 885B414F-91C3-41D8-93C3-A25F2FCD83AA.jpeg
    885B414F-91C3-41D8-93C3-A25F2FCD83AA.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 68
She is nutrient burned (the tips are crispy/brown, sometimes white first) while also deficient in Magnesium. Odd that its coupled together in that way because you dont normally see tip burn alongside mag def.

I need more information.
How many days old are these plants and are they still in veg mode?
What kind of soil?
Whats the pH of your water in and your water out?
Whats the ppm of your water in and water out?

She is nutrient burned (the tips are crispy/brown, sometimes white first) while also deficient in Magnesium. Odd that its coupled together in that way because you dont normally see tip burn alongside mag def.

I need more information.
How many days old are these plants and are they still in veg mode?
What kind of soil?
Whats the pH of your water in and your water out?
Whats the ppm of your water in and water out?

She is 36 days old from a clone. Yes, still in veg. Soil is Fox Farm Ocean Floor. H2O ph going in is 6.5 and comes out the same usually, but occasionally comes out 6.4. TDS of water going in is always around 150, and coming out is usually just over 200.

Do you have nutrients on stand by? Your ph is perfect, your ppm is next to nothing since ur water alone is 150. You've basically got 50 ppm of random nutes while your tap water is trace elements of 150. Your PPM should be measuring in the range of 600 - 900 until day 60 when you flip, if your going that long.

I don’t have much. I have some bone meal and some kelp and fish emulsion. I can get nutrients but I’m still trying to figure out what to get while staying as close to completely organic as possible.

Ouch, afraid i cant help you there. I've only done fox farms nutes & general hydroponics as well as various 'extra's' but have yet to try a full organic grow. Those plants are starving to death from this point on so you need to feed them as soon as you can. Hopefully somebody more experienced with organics can point you along the right path as to which nutrients to go with.

Yer gonna have to give her nutes or it will get a lot worse

Or

Repot her into fresh ffof soil and regain the nutes

There are many liquid nutes that are organic, Google and you will find them

Good luck

I’ve added some amendments to the soil for long term nutes, and added some fish and kelp fertilizer with molasses. The ppm is up to 876 coming out. She seems to be loving this and is bouncing back with vigor! Thank you both so much!

That first thing you noticed is intraveinal chlorosis and is something you want to look up.

The advice here is great. You have 2 opposite issues on multiple ways as sort of described.

What happened is at one point the pH was whack preventing uptake. Because as described you have bot an over abundance of some things and are starved for others.

Most of these problems once fixed dont do anything to fix the damage.

Leaves are way more important than people think. They don't repair because that's not why they exist.

Leaves are solar panels with batteries banks. They charge all day the batteries as well. In autumn they start pulling power from the batteries as there is less sun and they turn yellow as the one time use battery drains.

If when this battery bank was being built you smash a few batteries...the plant just works around it and makes more batteries because growing more is easier.

A week of no issues, then today I find various stages of leaf decay. I am about 3 1/2 weeks into flower and I feel some of these problem leaves are too high on the plant to be considered normal. The colas look great with the exception of some very slight burn on the tips of some sugar leaves. I haven’t fed her since last week and have watered twice since then. Ph is still in the happy zone. 6.3-6.4. I have a tea of bloom boost sitting in a container ready to feed, but I’m wondering if I should flush first?

Attachments

• A9DCA914-3996-4680-B1F2-295E61837ACA.jpeg
    A9DCA914-3996-4680-B1F2-295E61837ACA.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 52
  • A2FD3629-82EA-4CE0-B053-FC32760F9E68.jpeg
    A2FD3629-82EA-4CE0-B053-FC32760F9E68.jpeg
    383.1 KB · Views: 52
  • C67D0752-B644-4E03-80A1-2E80902BF41B.jpeg
    C67D0752-B644-4E03-80A1-2E80902BF41B.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 50
ffof is very hot i use it also.. get the plant good and wet till run off. but looks like a lil over watering to me to id wait till u have to water again whats your ph of run off water. are you adding anything to your water kind looks like phosphorus deficiency ffof seems to lack it in that department my next gro im not using ffof

That first thing you noticed is intraveinal chlorosis and is something you want to look up.

The advice here is great. You have 2 opposite issues on multiple ways as sort of described.

What happened is at one point the pH was whack preventing uptake. Because as described you have bot an over abundance of some things and are starved for others.

Most of these problems once fixed dont do anything to fix the damage.

Leaves are way more important than people think. They don't repair because that's not why they exist.

Leaves are solar panels with batteries banks. They charge all day the batteries as well. In autumn they start pulling power from the batteries as there is less sun and they turn yellow as the one time use battery drains.

If when this battery bank was being built you smash a few batteries...the plant just works around it and makes more batteries because growing more is easier.

aman villageidiot thats why i tuck my leafs out of the way so light can pinatrate

No...in mean not to argue but this is something where paranoia is better.

There is something to knowing what you did wrong...but it sort of doesn't matter. It could be something simple that you screwed up once.

I could give a few examples but...likely you made a 1 time error. The answer is flushing.

Flushing never hurts. Many people do it regularly in soil.

In soil at any point "if in doubt flush it out"

No reason to fight something. Also...

Ussually what is happening is a problem in the medium. It may be pH or infection or imbalance , insects...there are a ton of thing that can go wrong. Insects is about the only thing it doesn't help. Otherwise the problem is in the medium...get it out!

The problem is not ...not in there.

So get it out and start it again.

An EWC tea will fix this. You can buy expensive knock offs at the hydro store. Ask for tea or a beneficial bacteria mix and don't be afraid to dump it in there after you flush it.

She will stand right back up the next day.

And word...tucking is how you create fast growing thick buds. You can make slow growing thick bids too if you like.

But tuckingallows the plant to not need to heal. It also also for more complete absorbtion which means more efficiancy converting your electrical power into weed. When you remove working leaves you are in no way helping.

The plant will grow out the flowers to the size of the rootball regardless if you understand how to keep it happy. Growing fast and happy and leaving nature be and not messing with it will grow faster. Much faster.

This plant had no prunning... just tucking. As shown below what happens to undisturbed flowers is they just keep going. I could have gone probably 1 more week but had to get the next plants under the big light.

This plant was fed no off the shelf fertilizers. I only had it the home brew I recommended you to learn about and make. Once every 2 weeks I add tea on cheater soil.. That's it. Done deal. Read the links in my sig.

No tucking, no expensive nutes. Just good equipment and tea.

Back
Top Bottom