Help on pest identification please

Peterg2016

Seem to have found some worms in my bottom pots,does any1 know what they are please

image-1_zpsbdc72221.jpg

Not sure but if I was to guess that manure is being used then it could be tape worm larva. But honestly I have no clue what that is man. Hopefully some one else will chime in soon.

yeah unless thats magnified heaps!! It aint no Funky gnat larvae. They are smaller and will usually be around the centre of your plants stems or top soil. I had bad gnat infest. and had larvae, I used potato wedges among my Perlite and top soil and the larvae are attracted to it, every couple days take em out and change them..
Tho I believe the comment before maybe closer to the mark - Do you use any animal faeces/manure inyour soil mix?? That, to me, looks like an intestinal worm. Should be of no consequence to plant but maybe contagious to you!!

Its in coco and iv just been fightin off thrips,Nothing flying around tho,the worm is about as long as a finger nail and 1 or 2mm thick maybe its a Nematodes, thanks for the help so far tho

I would more than likely pass it off as some sort of worm but their is a chance of it being a nematode which their are some expected one million different species of nematode ! & in fact, there are many thousands of individual nematodes in every single handful of garden soil !

With a vast majority being so small that you can not see them by the naked eye.

If any symptoms are present of plant ill health i would suggest getting a pic up asap as some nematodes are pretty nasty.

On the bright side of things most worms produce worm casts thats free pucker compost full of goodness :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom