Help on revegging and cloning

reefernomadness

420 Member
Hey Guys,
Newbie...been growing for about 3 years. The light schedule was interrupted on week 4 of flowering. Took me about a week to figure out problem, thought it was nutrients. Plant changed back to veg stage before I could react I guess. This has slowed my growth because my trichome development has all but ceased for the past 2 weeks after changing schedule back to flowering. I understand this, but my question is, if plant accidently goes back to veg and back to flowering within one week are my trichomes completely done at this point. It has been 2 weeks since changing back to flower and microscope shows no trichomes developing since.

Hey Guys,
Newbie...been growing for about 3 years. The light schedule was interrupted on week 4 of flowering. Took me about a week to figure out problem, thought it was nutrients. Plant changed back to veg stage before I could react I guess. This has slowed my growth because my trichome development has all but ceased for the past 2 weeks after changing schedule back to flowering. I understand this, but my question is, if plant accidently goes back to veg and back to flowering within one week are my trichomes completely done at this point. It has been 2 weeks since changing back to flower and microscope shows no trichomes developing since.

Actually, you MAY have forced a hermie, but, at this point, just keep an eye out for pollen sacs and keep going.

Once the plant goes back into veg stage after being put in flower, she'll start throwing 3-fingered leaves. You should NOT switch back to flower mode until she starts throwing out 5+-fingered leaves again. It's the reverting back & forth from flower to veg than can cause the plant to hermie.

At this point, don't try switching back. Just move forward and hope she goes back into flower mode without throwing pollen.

I hope that helps! :goodluck:

:Namaste:

K

Yes you can say goodbye to any more resin production for quite some time.

If the plant has plenty of foliage and is in good health, and you are strongly in need of the existing bud (such as it is) you can strip some of it off for smoking.
I would be inclined to just leave it, as reveg can be a bit of a torturous process for the plant, but I expect you could remove some without causing trouble if the plant is bushy and healthy. I wouldn’t expect much from the smoke at that stage though.

Bless you guys for returning some useful advice. Enjoyed the photos, which mine look like the first photo (one _of_them) from weaselcracker, but I'm sure that I have less trichomes. I will definitely use your advice and wait and watch and just double check all parameters in the future. I was just worried that thc production has halted due to my forgetfulness. Hats off to weaselcracker and villageidiot for the polite words and help that they have verbally demonstrated. Thanks from an old man.

And by the way...

Cloning is by far the best way to propogate... by faaaaaar.

I can go on and in why and explain vs. Everyother form but you will eventually learn this how everyone does.

Reveg is a fun thing to do and if you are in a place where you can just throw a plant in the ground somewhere great. But it is significantly faster and more reliable to take clones right before bloom and you have plants to bloom whenever you want from then on.

Revegging takes the plant a long time to revert puberty and go back into childhood. Depending on the original root ball and medium even seed propagation is usually better.

Back
Top Bottom