Help please! Does this look normal?

Totally get where you're coming from Meta tron :thumb: Cheers man

So I repotted this morning, and decided to only do the weak one first (as funds are a bit tight for two pots, more potting mix, etc), that way if my repotting fails then I haven't destroyed my good one :high-five:

The pot is about a foot and a half deep, I half filled it with potting mix and perlite thoroughly mixed, then transplanted the plant and watered the shit out of it.

Something I forgot to mention also, quite a few weeks ago I cut some of the higher branches in an effort to reduce its height and increase its outward growth, you'll see in the second pic (which are sideways again!!!! Seriously, I'm holding my phone upright guys). But since doing some reading on here I realise that could never happen in that skinny ass planter I had it growing in :bravo:

image20639.jpg

image20638.jpg

Re: Help please!! Does this look normal?

Clone in rockwool it's much easier just buy a tray with a humidity dome and cloning gel..use 1 in rockwool blocks dip them in a cloning formula at 500 pm and put under flourescent light and open lid everyday and keep rockwool blocks moist but not soggy just dont let the blocks totally dry but after 5 days u want your rockwool just slightly moist so the clones roots reach out for water

1 by 2 ft trays are extremely cheap as is 1in rockwool blocks and much cleaner so u are asking for bugs and rot cloning in soil but what do what u want I don't know anything I only have 20yrs experience and I can tell u if u cut corners on growing cannabis ur asking for problems so if u want to produce hi yield medical cannabis u have to spend some money but if ur just a guy with a few plants in ur closet under cfl in ur closet then keep what ur doing..And this site is supposed to be other people helping each other so sorry I tried

Try not to get to emotional, your right it isn't a lot of money but it isn't required for what this gentleman is doing, ask yourself what people did before there was Rockwool and Trays and domes.

People really complicate cloning, that's why there is a zillion threads on how to do it, if you use common sense rot will not be an issue. Just like rockwool don't keep it in water.

I have had success cloning every way there is, the oldschool way works just as well and you can do it with household items, use the same soil you would use in your containers, holes for drainage 2 liter bottles with the bottoms cut off, when your done recycle them.

Or go to the store and buy a tray and some rockwool totally up to you.

you may think 20 years is a long time but it flies by pretty quick doesn't it?

Sure does fly by and im not a know it all about cannabis im just a guy that wants positive vibes by sharing knowledge but I'm sorry I took it personal and I know there's a zillion ways to grow so whatever works for u and what ur comfortable with just stick with it n as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it I can't begin to tell u how much money n time Ive spent trying to make things better when everything is already working very well so YA if u get good results with ur method then stick with it..I like to experiment sometimes it makes me a better all around grower..Blessed irie vibes One Love

Thanks for the suggestions Saigon but as Meta tron said, that's not what I'm trying to do. I have a full time job and four kids, one of which is a baby so I don't have hours on end to dedicate to this project. Or unlimited space, security is an issue where I am too so that's why I'm keeping the operation to a couple of portable pots and that's it

Security always trumps everything else, and indicators of growing may be enough to cause someone to investigate further. Casually growing a few plants out of site in a not so ideal area may produce what you want whether it is just producing a bit of smoke or feeling the liberty that comes along with being free.

Agreed, that's why security has been my number one concern. The missus found it the other day, voiced her disapproval but that's as far as it went, no "get rid of it" speech so thumbs up!

Here is what I've got after a re-pot and adding perlite, new potting mix and dolomite to the mix. Started budding a week or so ago and is smelling beautiful!

image22717.jpg
image22716.jpg

Looks like u took all the sun leaves off which isn't good unless done in veg on very healthy plants also it looks like the plant is overwaterd let the soil go dry and the plant will grow n flower better

If by "you took all the sun leaves off" you mean "all the big leaves went yellow and dropped off" then yeah man, that's exactly what happened!

And we've just had a series of cyclones in the region which has brought about a metric SHIT ton of rain :thumb:

By the looks of it you still have the Fan / Sun leaves on the Buds, those are the larger leaves you see sticking out of the buds. Make sure there are drain holes in that pot, if not it is as simple as drilling into the bottom of the pot with a 3/8 inch drill bit in 4 equally spaced spots, everything is fine, not optimum of course but if you can give her at least 5 hours of sun, some food, etc you should get some decent smoke. BTW all the rains may have flushed the soil you may think about a feeding :)

It's a self watering pot, it has drain holes at the bottom that go into a catchment where the roots can pull excess water whenever they need it. Yeah I was thinking about that, I've been giving it nutrients once a week and it's due again this arvo so I'll give it a good feed.

Cheers

It would be nice if the soil could dry out a bit between watering's, cannabis doesn't like wet soil, I had a small plant die once, it was a real nice northern lights#5 Had to take off for a week and it rained almost the whole time I was away and the pot had a saucer that wouldn't let the water totally drain away and she drowned.

Back
Top Bottom