Please help

Loggerjoe1

Ok guys and gals. I have been involved in growing for quite some time now but never had my own. Recently, i aquired a plant that a friend of nine never did get into the ground and was very very neglected. He was going to throw it away but instead i took it to see what i could do with it in my yard. Well i seem to be having some problems. From the research ive done it seems as if ive over watered it. It has been in the high 90s to 100s here in norcal. i transplanted it from a 1/2 gallon pot that he had it in and dug a hole 2x2x3 and filled it with compost. Amd sence it was completely dried out i watered it 3 to 4 times in a 24 hour period. And now the tips are turning brown and the longest tip of the leaves are curling under....i know i was kinda all over the place on this but any help is appreciated .....and i tried to add pictures but i dont know how.

Without photos, it is just about impossible to help.
Straight compost doesn't sound like great soil. If it isn't completely composted, it could be a problem. If it continues to compost, it will probably take 'N' from the soil and plant. Right now it sounds like it is burning the plant. One good watering is all a cannabis plant needs. They prefer to be allowed to dry out. Don't drown it.

:welcome: to :420:

20160809_151335.jpg
20160809_151335.jpg
20160809_151227.jpg
20160809_151227.jpg
20160809_151335.jpg

The small dots on the leaves looks like pest damage to me. Have you checked with magnification for the little buggers?

Ok.... first of all the compost/soil i have been using has done great for my peppers and tomatoes. And its been comosting for a year and a half. Again i do apologize for all the punctuation and the multiple pictures. Im new to the internet and typing. But, i really do appreciate all of your help. I just was thinking i coumd grow this mother and then get some clones out of her this fall.. .and by the wat the tomatoes and peppers i grew in the same soil did amazing this year.

The good news is, you are a gardener so you know what to look for when it comes to pests. My guess is, your soil is really good so I would hesitate to add anything to it. I also compost and grow peppers so the environment is familiar. It is possible to have compost a little hot, depending on how much nitrogen rich material you put in it. My point being, digging a hole and filling it with compost could burn a weakened plant a bit, especially if you added some fertilizer when you watered or to the soil. If you do decide to fertilize, I like Dr. Earth.

Cool! I'm glad the soil is well composted. :thumb:
The pictures make it difficult to tell if we are seeing the top, middle, or bottom of the plant (mobile vs. non-mobile nute's), but it looks like a possible 'K' deficiency along with mites, or some other pest.
As I'm sure you know, soil that works well for one crop won't necessarily be right for another. Heck, I have five plants in identical soil. Two are perfect. One wants more 'N'. The other two are needing more 'K'.

Back
Top Bottom