Help please!

M3GAtron711

First time grower here a little concerned about the yellowing in the middle of my almost two week old baby. She'll actually be two weeks on Sunday. I really think it's the soil possibly. I used MG potting soil.. This was before I read that MG isn't the best to use. This grow is actually like a trial just to see if the seed would even grow. Now I'm getting excited about her growing and don't want anything to happen to her lol I would really like to change her soil to something organic and forgiving to first time growers lol. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

☮️

420-magazine-mobile40260922.jpg

420-magazine-mobile669217863.jpg

I took the second pic because I thought the middle looked a little weak and wanted some opinions about that.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

MG is hard to grow in due to the time released nature of the Nutes. If possible, I would try to switch my soil. Fox farms is good or you can make your own, but that takes a little time. The little ones don't need much in the way of nutes, and will get burned easily. :peace:

Thanks so much! I was looking into fox farms ocean farm to switch too. Is that what you are referring too? How would I go about switching the soil? Will I be able to put them back into cups? How do you think she looks?

☮️

Thanks so much! I was looking into fox farms ocean farm to switch too. Is that what you are referring too? How would I go about switching the soil? Will I be able to put them back into cups? How do you think she looks?

☮️

Some people have great luck with Fox Farms Ocean Forest (FFOF) but I have found it to be a little hot (high in nutes) for babies so either start with Fox Farms Happy Frog for the babies or get the FFOF and mix promix with it. 1/2 & 1/2 Promix and FFOF has always worked fine for my little ones. Hope this helps. :peace:

Some people have great luck with Fox Farms Ocean Forest (FFOF) but I have found it to be a little hot (high in nutes) for babies so either start with Fox Farms Happy Frog for the babies or get the FFOF and mix promix with it. 1/2 & 1/2 Promix and FFOF has always worked fine for my little ones. Hope this helps. :peace:

Thank you so much for you're input. Do you think my baby looks ok tho lol sorry for all the scared noob questions.

I think once you get her transplanted in some better soil, you will see her really take off. I know what it is like growing for the first time. We worry about everything. They don't call it weed for no reason, they are hardy and hard to kill. Look at the link in my sig. That little girl got the crap burned out of her because I had the light a bit to close. She has made a full (if a bit odd) recovery. :peace:

I think once you get her transplanted in some better soil, you will see her really take off. I know what it is like growing for the first time. We worry about everything. They don't call it weed for no reason, they are hardy and hard to kill. Look at the link in my sig. That little girl got the crap burned out of her because I had the light a bit to close. She has made a full (if a bit odd) recovery. :peace:

Ok good to know lol. Now I'm not freaking as much ha

Perfectly fine for the newest growth to be a lighter yellow. It will darken up and the new growth after that will probably be lighter for a while too. Perfectly normal, especially for some strains.

Perfectly fine for the newest growth to be a lighter yellow. It will darken up and the new growth after that will probably be lighter for a while too. Perfectly normal, especially for some strains.

Ok good . thank you!

☮️

Just throwing in my 2 cents here. I went through exactly the same thing as you (minus the yellowing) just a couple months ago. I started my first grow with a bunch of random seeds in MG. It was just an experiment at first but once they got going I was too excited to give up on them. I started 3 in MG's seed starter soil and 3 in regular MG soil. The seed starters all sprouted up first but the others followed a few days after. Then I too read that MG is not good to use. So I let them get large enough and then transplanted into Fox Farms Happy Frog. Like Connoisseur said, I read the Ocean Forrest was too hot. I didn't mix the soil with anything else, though. I just waited until they outgrew their original pots and put them straight into FFHG. I'm two weeks into 12/12 now and they're all doing great! All female too except for one I think is a hermie. But I lucked out on gender. So long story short, based on my very limited experience, don't worry about the soil until they outgrow their cups. Then transplant into a better medium. Worked great for me. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom