Help: Quadlining

TwelveOclock415

420 Member
I have been trying my first quadline procedure and I'm not sure if I messed up. I waited until there were six nodes. I then removed nodes five, six, one, and two. I also removed the little meristem growths at the nodes as well. Did I remove all opportunities for the plant to grow additional branches? AM I just stuck with these 4 branches now!? ASE or anyone PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.45.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.46.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.46.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.45.56 PM.png

I have been trying my first quadline procedure and I'm not sure if I messed up. I waited until there were six nodes. I then removed nodes five, six, one, and two. I also removed the little meristem growths at the nodes as well. Did I remove all opportunities for the plant to grow additional branches? AM I just stuck with these 4 branches now!? ASE or anyone PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.45.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.46.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.46.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.45.56 PM.png
Yes you have topped your plant and yes left 4 branches to come.
I like taking mine to 8 with a slightly different idea.
But in the end you still get the branches you were intending.
Your plant looks a bit more indica than sativa .
I would assume a photoperiod and not an auto.

Yes you have topped your plant and yes left 4 branches to come.
I like taking mine to 8 with a slightly different idea.
But in the end you still get the branches you were intending.
Your plant looks a bit more indica than sativa .
I would assume a photoperiod and not an auto.
Thanks for the reply Smokey. You got it! This is a rare indica dominant hybrid photo-period strain: American Pie 2.0 | Hypno Seeds. So have I ruined this plant or is she good to keep running? As you can see, I planted a couple Orange sherbert autos next to her just in case haha.

Now I am Very Curious to see what happens to the plant as I grow the autos next to it. I will create a logbook for this thread so we can see what happens?

Yes those are gone....This is my first grow....sigh
This is one way of learning.
I grew up in an era of picking tobacco for a summer job, so I would refer those as suckers.
The sucker and or new branch forms out of this crotch area.
Now that you kind of ended life there your left with just the leaf.

Gee, that's unfortunate :(. And there are no 4 branches, just a plant growing 4 leaves.

But you never know, I have seen regrowth occur, as it can in a FIM, maybe the plant will try again to generate some? Presumably if that was to happen you would see it within a couple of weeks.

Interestingly, I am a chemist/biochemist. I am aware that plant hormones can do some really funny things and these plant cells can basically differentiate into any other type of cell. I am going to to keep this plant going (it's got gaia green slow release in living soil), and grow the orange sherbert autos next to it. The autos I will not fuck with too much lol. Let's see how this photoperiod vegges out. I'll report back to you and Smokey in a week or so and hopefully we will have a fun update. Thanks for your time and best of luck with any current grows/pheno hunting!

Gee, that's unfortunate :(. And there are no 4 branches, just a plant growing 4 leaves.

But you never know, I have seen regrowth occur, as it can in a FIM, maybe the plant will try again to generate some? Presumably if that was to happen you would see it within a couple of weeks.
LMAO....Just a plant growing four leaves. I have to admit...this shit is pretty funny. Such a healthy plant and I basically destroyed any way for it to develop more growth except into four leaves.
😂😂😂🤣🤣

LMAO....Just a plant growing four leaves. I have to admit...this shit is pretty funny. Such a healthy plant and I basically destroyed any way for it to develop more growth except into four leaves.
😂😂😂🤣🤣
If nothing happens with it and I end up harvesting my autos while the photo-period phuck-up is still going. Ill put it into a 12 x 12 cycle and see what happens.

Interestingly, I am a chemist/biochemist. I am aware that plant hormones can do some really funny things and these plant cells can basically differentiate into any other type of cell. I am going to to keep this plant going (it's got gaia green slow release in living soil), and grow the orange sherbert autos next to it. The autos I will not fuck with too much lol. Let's see how this photoperiod vegges out. I'll report back to you and Smokey in a week or so and hopefully we will have a fun update. Thanks for your time and best of luck with any current grows/pheno hunting!
If the plant isn't taking up space and you can afford to keep her going for a little longer then it's no loss. But fingers crossed and all the best.

Oh man, at first glance, it looked great, nice leaves, but yeah looks like you nipped them in the buds.
Athough I think chances are high if you keep it growing longer than some branches will form again, there's some tiny material left that's good, don't touch anymore just keep her growing for the next two weeks.. She's definitely gonna try to get a branch going.

Thanks for the reply Fendberbender! I was actually going to to do funny little experiment and force this thing into flower in another tent lol. However, I agree with you! Let's keep this going for a couple weeks while the autos next door do their thing. I figure that if I can get a couple branches I can create a really interesting morphology (shape). Thanks for giving me the inspiration to keep this going.
As you mentioned, there is still material from those apical meristems. I will definitely keep everyone updated. Also, Can I mainline or quadline my autos? I know that people have been doing that in recent years. Any thoughts?

Yeah I'd first let her to try to branch out again. as well otherwise there's not much that will be flowering. I just read evil scientist confuses plant by cutting away her grow hormones and then wants to confuse it even more by pulling her into flower driving the patient completely insane all out of fun & curiosity 😆

For Autos quadlining will be a bit much there's no time for that, you'll end up with 4 buds.. just bending autos over works a charm for not setting them back yet getting them grow wild.
And that can be combined with a classical top, if she's got 3-4 nodes by week three of growth then you can top, and you get 6 or 8 buds and bend her over as well a bit so she gets exposed to the light like that.

There's a good tutorial on Quadlining in my sig if you haven't seen it, but when we say top above node four and remove nodes one and two it implies leaving the growth points at nodes three and four.

With seedlings this produces a nice very balanced plant, with clones a bit less so but they work great as well. Most of my quads are from clones.

Yeah I'd first let her to try to branch out again. as well otherwise there's not much that will be flowering. I just read evil scientist confuses plant by cutting away her grow hormones and then wants to confuse it even more by pulling her into flower driving the patient completely insane all out of fun & curiosity 😆

For Autos quadlining will be a bit much there's no time for that, you'll end up with 4 buds.. just bending autos over works a charm for not setting them back yet getting them grow wild.
And that can be combined with a classical top, if she's got 3-4 nodes by week three of growth then you can top, and you get 6 or 8 buds and bend her over as well a bit so she gets exposed to the light like that.
Concurred. I’ll do a top at the 5th node (while the node is very tiny), and LST the crap out of the autos.
As you suggested I’m keeping this photoperiod going for a couple more weeks. I really got overconfident with myself on my first ever grow due to my professional background and totally flopped 😂. Important and humbling lesson learned here.
REALLY appreciating the community here. You guys are the most non toxic bunch of peeps on the greater net haha.

Back
Top Bottom