Help save my girls

HappySmokeMan

This is the second crop of White widow that I am about to loose and I can't figure out why. The first crop was 9 plants; this crop is only 4.

All plants are @ 32"-36" tall, in a mix of rockwool chunks and clay pebbles, in the 2-gal Ebb n Gro buckets. They are finishing their 2nd week in 12/12 light cycle. Buckets flooded for 15 minutes 1 hr after lights on, and 2 hrs before lights off. No watering during dark cycle. Because the water temp is usually between 72-76f, I try to add @ 1/3 cup of H2O2 to the 15-16 gals reservoir daily, to help keep bacteria growth down and add more oxygen to the water.

I change the water weekly, and try to water down from the top, once a week just to keep the top part watered and nute salt from building up.

Because the plants are in a rockwool/clay mix, I try to keep the nute mix a little weaker than what the manufacture recommends. So, I use their 12 gal formula for my 16 gals of water. Meaning...
Sensi Bloom A & B: 6 oz.
Big Bud, B-52, Rhino Skin, and Bud Factor X: 3 oz each

My mix numbers usually run
PH: 5.6-6.4, normally in 5.8-6.0 range though.
EC: 1.4 - 2.0, normally @ 1.6-1.8
PPM: 650-1000, but normally @ 650-800
Water temp: 72-76f

My total grow area is @ 5'x10', but the 4 plants only occupy @ 3'x3' area. I have 3 300watt LED Veg/Flower lights @ 18" above the plants. I have a small portable AC unit in there, along with an oscillating fan to try and keep the temp @ 76-84f, during light cycle, and 68-76 during dark.

Depending on how rainy and humid it is here in the Seattle area, my RH in the room can run anywhere from 35 to 85%. I'm trying to keep it down in the 35-50% range during lights on, and no more than 65% during lights off, but the dehumidifier I have heats the room up too much, and I only run it a couple of hours at a time.

From what I've been able to find and read so far, it looks like it could be a potassium deficiency, but I'm not sure. I'm just a fumbling rookie here...

The first batch got this and just stopped growing. Buds and plants just stopped growing and never would get any bigger and never did mature. almost looked like they started to shrink.

These two pictures are from my current girls...

2013-09-06_16_24_14.jpg

2013-09-06_16_23_48.jpg

let me know what info I forgot to provide, but please help...I really do want to get a crop harvested...
HappySmokeMan...not so happy...

Looks like nute burn I don't know who the breeder of yur seeds are but I think I read somewhere that white strains are nute sensitive and some gh white rhinos I tried to grow in ffof looked like your plant before getting more crispy and kind of whithering up. I would give them lower nutes on my next run from the beginning or maybe try some dirt to have that extra buffer. Good luck brother.

light was on...it's under LEDs, that's why pinkish, but here's some pics under regular light....
20130906_183635.jpg

20130906_183514.jpg

20130906_183500.jpg

don't bother mentioning or questioning the top of the plant in the last picture. that is what happens when you have the vacuum cleaner wand in your hand and don't pay attention to where it goes when you bend over....next thing you know it's trying to suck down the top of your plant.....DOOOH!!!!!! Dumbass!!! Oh well, live and learn...lol.

wow, the lack of responses and useable information is underwhelming.....reposting a jpg from a thousand other posts, doesn't really help any. I mean if I could tell which of those leaves mine looked like, then I wouldn't have to be posting asking for help. my leaves don't really look like any of those much, so I can't tell.

Ph too low? how do you figure? ph in hydro is supposed to be down around 5.6. If anything, my ph has been too high, running up near 5.8-6.0, with it climbing up to 6.4-6-6 about every 2 days.

Some knowledgeable assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi HappySmokeMan,

Sorry I can't really be of any help. Don't know anything about hydro other than the little I've read. Hang in there though, there are a ton of knowledgeable folks with plenty of hydro experience that will be visiting the site over the weekend and I'm sure will be happy to help.

Forgive my ignorance in asking but am I remembering correctly that will all things hydro the water temp is suggested to be a little cooler than your 72-76 range? Seems like every hydro grower I read about fights to keep their water cooler especially in the summer months. Maybe be way off base with that, but thought it worth mentioning.

Anyway, just wanted to offer a word of encouragement that someone with the necessary knowledge will try to help you out. This is the best site and online community I've ever encountered. I hope you find that to be the case as well.

wow, the lack of responses and useable information is underwhelming.....reposting a jpg from a thousand other posts, doesn't really help any. I mean if I could tell which of those leaves mine looked like, then I wouldn't have to be posting asking for help. my leaves don't really look like any of those much, so I can't tell.

Ph too low? how do you figure? ph in hydro is supposed to be down around 5.6. If anything, my ph has been too high, running up near 5.8-6.0, with it climbing up to 6.4-6-6 about every 2 days.
Some knowledgeable assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I clearly asked if that COULD be an issue. I never said it was an issue. Heres a pic of a P issue I had because of low PH in SOIL:

08025.jpg

phchartys02.jpg

Do you think INSULTING an attempt at help will increase others who want to help you? Part of the reason I posted was to move yours thread back up to the top to get you more assistance. Heres some links so you can draw your own conclusions sir:
HOW TO GROW MJ
Nutriant Disorders problem solver
HOW TO GET SUPPORT

Just a kind jester, no one is going to want to help you if you respond that way......maybe u could say "I've got those things under control guys. Do y'all have any other opinions". Or something like that the time we put into answering these questions while growing ourselves while raising a family, for someone respond to your help....I said help not solution.......cause that's all we can do is help its up to you to grow your own meds. Peace and good luck to you.

First off there is no need to be shitty with people trying to help patience is a virtue my friend.you are using an ph perfect if you do research on what yor using you will find you certainly shouldn't be using h202 and the ph perfect isn't guaranteed unless your using Ro water also your ph should never go above 6 you are looking at a soil ph chart above not hydro and your water temp is miles too high aswell as your ec for a plant that size you got nute burn and I would say the start of n toxicity.hope that helps dude and good luck white widow is a hard strain to master

fatty, thanks for the response. Wasn't trying to be shitty with anybody...anyway, as I stated above, from the research and information I was able to find, I was thinking my ph may be too high, and was attempting to keep it down in the 5.6-5.8 range now. I also agree on the water temp being too high, and from the research I did on the subject, using H2O2 was recommended to keep the bacteria growth down that would come from warm water, and to add more oxygen to the water since the plants have a harder time taking in oxygen from th warm water. I have also started trying to place gallon jug of frozen water in the res to lower the temp. I'll have to see how that works. I usually change the water on Saturdays, so I guess I'll try flushing them good, and then just use the Sensi bloom A and B, without all the other micro nutes to see how that works. My EC and PPM is well below what I've seen recommended on other posts, as well as what AN own nute calculator shows, so that is why I am baffled by the nute burn, (although not disagreeing), and high EC.

Spimp. If you think I am insulting you, maybe you should look at what information you keep providing me. I'm not trying to insult you, but if you would read what details and information I am posting, you would see I am growing in hydro, not soil. So, your information on what my ph should be in soil, doesn't do me any good. And asking me if it could be this or that doesn't do me any good, because that is what I am asking for help on. I am not sure what it is. I appreciate your attempt to help, but give me something I can use. ph charts and info on soil is useless to me...

waknbak, I appreciate your responses as well, and agree with you. I am also a very busy person with other things going on, and being things happen fast with hydro, I don't have a week to wade through a bunch of responses that add no useful information...that's all I'm saying. I need to figure out the problem and the fix today...not a week from now.

But I will take any information that helps....so slam me for being impatient or whatever, just give me something I can use....like fatty just did....thanks, fatty.

This is the thing your using ph perfect which also claims to be ppm perfect and it works I've used it personally I don't think it's worth the extra money but it works very well as soon as you add anything that isn't in the ph perfect range your canceling out the ec and ph perfect part there for rendering the feed guide they have useless .h202 is a thing only to be used if you got rot in my experience as a last resort the ice bottles will help but will need constant replenishment a chiller is the answer .so like you said flush them with water that has nutes in at an ec of 1 and ph 5.8 until the ph and ec are coming out the bottom the same then set your Res's the same but ec1.2 and sort the res temp with ice bottles until you can get a chiller

1_pH_Nutrient_Availability_st0ney_gardensecure_com.gif

Im very aware that you are in hydro. Thats why I said 6.0. Sorry I was 0.2 off. And why I very specifically said my problem was in soil. Heres a chart that shows soil vs Hydro. Im not a hydro expert, but I was trying to help. Hope these guys get you were you need to be.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom