Help, seeds wont sprout!

zackroman

marijuanaseeds.jpg
Anyways like the title says they wont sprout ! i've tried ever thing and its been like 72 hours and not a thing! ,

And it hasn't worked at all!
(The temp is about 22c and i have them in a dark area where there nice wet and moist.)
Please help quick! I need to start growing haha
I have 7 seeds " sprouting "

I did this method -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXfWVl1HTas

You may have some 'thicker' seed shells... in this case, I've heard of people rolling up a piece of sand-paper into a 'tube so the rolled-up tube is about twice the diameter of the seed - then put the seed into it, plug the ends with your thumb and index finger and shake it inside the sand-paper tube... this will thin the seed-shell slightly and allow more moisture to soak through and thus it will germ faster.

I've never had to use the above method, but I have to agree - you need a little bit warmer of conditions where you put the moist papertowel-baggie.

Good luck!

You may have some 'thicker' seed shells... in this case, I've heard of people rolling up a piece of sand-paper into a 'tube so the rolled-up tube is about twice the diameter of the seed - then put the seed into it, plug the ends with your thumb and index finger and shake it inside the sand-paper tube... this will thin the seed-shell slightly and allow more moisture to soak through and thus it will germ faster.

I've never had to use the above method, but I have to agree - you need a little bit warmer of conditions where you put the moist papertowel-baggie.

Good luck!

Hahaha alright man! I just raised the temp in the room to 29-31c
So will see in the next 24 hrs how it goes . how would I make it humid?

...if you use the paper-towel method (place seeds in wet paper-towel), put the paper-towel in a zip-lock baggie. Don't completely close the baggie, so it gets some oxygen in there too. Also, avoid using water with a high pH (I use rain-water or RO water) to soak the paper-towel, and don't leave it sopping wet - wring it out a bit before putting the seeds into it.

I have the aforementioned baggie then wrapped lightly in a kercheif and placed under my computer desk (in the dark) on top of the sub-woofer where it's fairly warm - very seldom do I have seeds that don't germ in 2-3 days this way. =)

...if you use the paper-towel method (place seeds in wet paper-towel), put the paper-towel in a zip-lock baggie. Don't completely close the baggie, so it gets some oxygen in there too. Also, avoid using water with a high pH (I use rain-water or RO water) to soak the paper-towel, and don't leave it sopping wet - wring it out a bit before putting the seeds into it.

I have the aforementioned baggie then wrapped lightly in a kercheif and placed under my computer desk (in the dark) on top of the sub-woofer where it's fairly warm - very seldom do I have seeds that don't germ in 2-3 days this way. =)

WOW, Thanks alot man! Im going to do that right now!
for some odd reason I never even thought of that haha!

EDIT: I'm doing a winter harvest (in Canada)and its cold outside and i'm using electric heat so i put the seeds by the space heater. (Covered so its warm but not to hot) about 30c

That sounds good - I'm in Canada too - so I hear ya with the weather now getting noticably colder.. =)

As you mentioned, be sure to check them and make sure it's not too warm - I've technically 'cooked' germing seeds like that, just by putting the kercheif on a cable-box that was much too warm...lol. Basically, if it feels warmer than 'comfortable', then it's likely too warm for the seeds. Cheers!!

That sounds good - I'm in Canada too - so I hear ya with the weather now getting noticably colder.. =)

As you mentioned, be sure to check them and make sure it's not too warm - I've technically 'cooked' germing seeds like that, just by putting the kercheif on a cable-box that was much too warm...lol. Basically, if it feels warmer than 'comfortable', then it's likely too warm for the seeds. Cheers!!

Haha alright man thanks!

Back
Top Bottom