Help - Spider mites

rj-jizzle

Im 4wks into flowering and i found those fukers. I read that sns works good bur its not recommended for flowering but i found a product called Liquid Ladybug thats supposed to be organic and safe to use from germination through harvest. Has anyone tried this product or heard of anyone using it?

Peace

Re: Help- Spider mites

i make my own spray using organic rosemary oil and water and spray my plants up until harvest with it. Just make sure you have good ventilation and you won't have any problems. The latest I've sprayed mine is a week before harvest and never had any rot from it. Doesn't affect the taste of the bud either. The rosemary oil is the primary ingredient in SNS spray, and when it comes in contact with those bastards it melts their cells, also works on eggs too, but you have to keep up with it.. When there are a lot of plants, it's almost impossible to fully get rid of them. I've been battling them for a few months now. I have their population under control, but they're not totally gone. I don't see any webs anymore, but I do notice them here and there under the leaves.. just gotta keep up with the treatments

Thanxs organictrees i will try that today. Wut ratio do u mix it at?

i believe my spray bottle is around 16oz, and i use 5-10ml of rosemary oil per bottle. I also add just a tiny drop of dish soap, shake it well, then start spraying. After I first started using this mixture, I checked on the mites under my trich scope and it was amazing, they had all died, and the eggs had collapsed in on themselves and turned brown.

One other thing I do from time to time is cook a habanero tea to use as the water in the spray bottle. I take around 4 habaneros, dice them up, and boil it into distilled water, seeds and everything. I simmer it for about 20 minutes and strain the water into my spray bottle. I then add the rosemary oil and dish soap, then proceed with spraying.

I read somewhere that the habanero kills the mites also, and I did notice it was effective, but I can't say if it's more or less effective than plain rosemary oil. When you're spraying it, you will cough quite a bit and have to take breaks, but it really clears your sinuses out!

Good luck with getting rid of them. just remember the eggs take about 3-5 days to hatch, the warmer it is, the faster they will hatch, so you will have to thoroughly spray them every few days to make sure you're lowering their population. Once you don't really see any more signs of them, keep spraying them every couple of days for a few months. You probably won't get rid of them otherwise because they're so small and the eggs are practically impossible to catch when you have a large amount of plants

Koo beans man thnxs. I disnt have any rose mary oil or plants bu i did get some rose mary pure powder so i juss boiled that with some water and sprayed my ladies yesterday so ill check em tonight n See if that worked. Didnt put any dish soap in the mix but i will do that next time. I only got 2 in flower n 6 in veg but it was still a task to spry em all dwn.. Once again thnxs. Ill keep this updated

SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control is made up of 100% pure Rosemary botanical extracts. The botanicals are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials.
SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control
is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticides exempted under FIFRA section 25(b).

How It Works
Spider mites destroy plant cells by sucking out their contents and SNS-217™'s unique formula works by providing a barrier which is harmless to the plant, but fatal to the mites.
The natural salts from fatty acids derived from Rosemary extracts disrupt the insect cell structure and permeability of its membranes. Cell contents then leak from damaged cells and the spider mites quickly die
Some of the components of SNS-217™ are also absorbed by the plant and then suppress the life cycle of the mites.
SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control kills the spider mite eggs as well by coating the eggs with a oily shield that disrupts the respiration to the egg; therefore no hatching will occur, they will just dry out.
Our Product has been tested in our lab on delicate new growth, clones, tomatoes, roses and other plants.

Uses
SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control can be used on a wide variety of plants, vegetables, and even trees. When applying the product take caution not to spray any buds on the plant, in doing so this could result in burning the buds sprayed. SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control can be sprayed on fruits, vegetables, and plants varying from; apples, apricots, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cherries, chives, corn, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, fuchsia, roses, flowers, house-plants, etc.

SNS-217™ is fully bio-degradable and is not toxic to animals and under directed normal use, should not affect the plant's metabolism.

Our Sprayer
SNS-217™ Spider Mite Control comes in a ready to use 32 ounce (946.3 ml) spray bottle with a unique any direction sprayer.
Our unique sprayer allows you to spray at any angle you choose. Since spider mites hide on the under side of leaves this sprayer will have no problem at all getting those hard to reach spots.

One thorough application is usually enough, but heavy infestations may require two, as the eggs can be a bit hardier, so we recommend an additional application in these cases.
When it's hot, and dry, mites are just a breeze away from your plants.
Just one spray every few weeks will protect your crop from this near invisible pest.
Whether you grow indoors or out sooner or later the mites will find you, get them before they get your plants!

Available in three sizes
4 ounce tester with sprayer
32 ounce refillable with any direction sprayer
1 gallon super size

Sierra Natural Science Inc
538 Brunken Ave. Unit 2
Salinas CA. 93901
Phones:(831) 757-1702
FAX (831) 757-1909
Toll Free 877-626-5505

SNS 217 MITE SPRAY

Direction For Use
Shake well, adjust spray nozzle setting. Spray
directly onto insects and infected areas until
thoroughly covered. Spray as needed when
insects are seen, most effective when used on
a 7-14 day schedule. Spray to run off. Complete
coverage of all plant tissue is necessary for control.
Because it is made from natural ingredients you
should shake the bottle before using and once in
a while during use. Thoroughly wash all food areas
and food materials contacted, with soap and water.
Do not spray near heat or open flame.
As with any natural oil based product Do Not Spray directly under Sunlight or Grow lights this could damage to the plant.
Active Ingredients
Rosemary Oil 2.0%
Other Ingredients, 98%
Water, Polyglyceryl Oleate, Lauric Acid

SNS 217 MITE SPRAY

I like Neem Oil. It takes care of powder mildew and mites. 1 1/2 tsp Neem Oil and a few drops of dish soap in a quart of warm water and give the plants a good misting. I like the pump up hand sprayers better than the squeeze spray. Seems like they put out a finer mist and some of them have extensions for the nozzle so you can really get in there. Get the leaves soaking wet, top and bottom and don't worry about the buds.

SNS-217 would be my 1st choice but it says to not spray on buds, it does say its GRAS but u gotta wash em off with soapnwater. I jus checked the girls n the mix i made up did get a few of them but some r still moving. i checked the leaves that i know i sprayed hella good n it was about 50% kill ratio (could be more/less). Maybe its cus i didnt use rm oil i used it in powder form. If i cant get rid of them i think ill end up using SNS, liquid lady bug, n neem oil fir my arsenal against those fuckers.

Thnxs

Back
Top Bottom