Help, what bug is doing this damage?

I am growing outdoors on my balcony. My Gorilla Glue Auto is somewhat hemmed in by 2 Quadlined girls which makes it hard to get to and check her health up close. I have noticed some damage to some of the fan leaves around some flower heads. I am currently thinking of spraying or painting with a milk solution (but I need to go and re-read a saved page I have on milk), insecticidal soap, or Neem oil spray, or a combination thereof.

However so far I have not seen or identified the critters that have caused this. I recall seeing similar damage to the odd few fan leaves on just a flower head or two on previous grows, but nothing ever came of it so I never had to worry about it. This time, and only for my Gorilla Glue it seems to be proportionally on a few more leaves than previously when I've seen the same type of damage, so I may soon need to jump on it and spray with something.

Does anyone recognize this sort of damage and have any idea of what bug could be causing it? And secondly because flowering has started and I would prefer not to spray on the flowers if possible, what sort of spray would be recommended? There is probably a small micro herd of critters that are there all the time. So unless I get a photo of some of them in the act of chewing up my leaves I couldn't say that any seen are necessarily the culprits.

Anyway, many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I am growing outdoors on my balcony. My Gorilla Glue Auto is somewhat hemmed in by 2 Quadlined girls which makes it hard to get to and check her health up close. I have noticed some damage to some of the fan leaves around some flower heads. I am currently thinking of spraying or painting with a milk solution (but I need to go and re-read a saved page I have on milk), insecticidal soap, or Neem oil spray, or a combination thereof.

However so far I have not seen or identified the critters that have caused this. I recall seeing similar damage to the odd few fan leaves on just a flower head or two on previous grows, but nothing ever came of it so I never had to worry about it. This time, and only for my Gorilla Glue it seems to be proportionally on a few more leaves than previously when I've seen the same type of damage, so I may soon need to jump on it and spray with something.

Does anyone recognize this sort of damage and have any idea of what bug could be causing it? And secondly because flowering has started and I would prefer not to spray on the flowers if possible, what sort of spray would be recommended? There is probably a small micro herd of critters that are there all the time. So unless I get a photo of some of them in the act of chewing up my leaves I couldn't say that any seen are necessarily the culprits.

Anyway, many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

It looks like aphids. If you google "aphids cannabis' one of the first returns will be the Royal Queen Seeds page for the identification and control of these pests.

Back
Top Bottom