What is this bug?

Sl3xx

fY4Hwsh.jpg

iVSkC7s.jpg

zOZQLCW.jpg

Keep finding a few of these hopping around my leaves. Only seen like 6 or so in the past few weeks but I just want to know if I should start going after them if I see more. I have some captain Jacks but was hesitant to use without knowing more. The plant is 4 weeks into flowering

The bugs are about a cm long at most. Maybe little smaller. Pure White. Slightly transparent. Kinda squishy. No wings it appears but they hop. Springtails maybe ?

I've also been finding random drops of water on fan leaves. And a few spots that look like white mildew I've been wiping off. Maybe related to this bug ? Maybe the liquid dries with a white residue. Seemed like water though. possibly transpiration from humidity

Any help is appreciated

This bug looks a lot flatter than them. Also I haven't seen any of that froth they leave behind.

I think it's just the young that leave the spit. They mature out of it to my understanding. But again I'm not certain if that's what the bug in question is. Just guessing from my limited evolving knowledge from the past few months.

Are they harmful ? Out of the country until Monday but most likely going to spray with spinosad as soon as I get back. Rather be safe than sorry

Interesting. I thought thirps were tiny. From his picture it looks rather large compared to the leaf its on scale wise. But again Im always learning.

Thrips are tiny - That is just a leafhopper nymph :thumb:

Keep finding a few of these hopping around my leaves.

Check out the images at the bottom of this linked page - Leafhoppers and planthoppers

Adults of most species of leafhopper range between 1/8 to 1/4 inch long. They are slender and frequently have an angular, pointed head. Coloration depends on species, but generally leafhoppers are shades of green, brown, or yellow and are often mottled. Nymphs (immatures) look similar to the adults except that the nymphs are smaller and don't have wings. Nymphs typically feed on the underside of leaves, where the humidity is higher and they are more protected from predators.

Thanks everyone. Are leafhoppers an issue ? Should I eradicate them? Will captain Jacks take them out ? I also have safer 3-1 spray.

Back
Top Bottom