Help with calculations

BunnyRabbit

Good day everybody. I'v decided to try and grow a beauty of my self and I need your help with calculations. How much will it cost me to run 2x 600w lights 18/6 everyday if in my country price for KWh is 0.16900

Welcome BunnyRabbit,

You are looking at spending $54.75 per 600w light. So $109.5 per month for both of the lights to run 18 hours a day for 30 days.

My overall electricity goes up around $50 a month when growing. I run 4 smaller cfl's along with 4 different Led's. I know theres always the debates about Led's vs Hd and others. But for me, I just couldn't deal with anymore heat, so the Led's were my best option. Of course if you looked at price per price, I have paid a lot more then you will pay for a while. Each of the Led's cost $549! So you can do the math and see where it will take me a while to get ahead in this situation as far as the savings goes on electricity. But, like a i say I couldn't handle anymore heat so this was best for me!

Enjoy your grow and if you need anymore help just shout out and im sure someone will help you, take care and goodluck!!

Thank you. I will probably look for different light options because I don't really want to more than double my electricity bill for 9 plants :Namaste:

BunnyRabbit,

I hear you about the electric cost for sure! Especially when you add up all the items you'll use in a grow it really goes up but thats all part of it for sure. On my Led's they give me a 2x2 grow area for flowering. In veg its bigger at 3x3 and actually a little bigger than that as well. I pretty much have one Led for each plant and it works out really well. That cost of $50 for my grows is everything that I use. Meaning, all the fans, lights, motors for dwc, any and everything that uses electricity. Each of the Led's cost around $6 a month to run at 12 hours a day now that they are in flower, so that isn't bad at all!

Keep us posted on what you're up to, take care!

BunnyRabbit,

I hear you about the electric cost for sure! Especially when you add up all the items you'll use in a grow it really goes up but thats all part of it for sure. On my Led's they give me a 2x2 grow area for flowering. In veg its bigger at 3x3 and actually a little bigger than that as well. I pretty much have one Led for each plant and it works out really well. That cost of $50 for my grows is everything that I use. Meaning, all the fans, lights, motors for dwc, any and everything that uses electricity. Each of the Led's cost around $6 a month to run at 12 hours a day now that they are in flower, so that isn't bad at all!

Keep us posted on what you're up to, take care!

Thanks, appreciate that. I will test my first bach with 3x 150w and if I won't like it I will probably look for another way for example Leds but I don't know anything how to set them up, how to buy them ect.

BunnyRabbit,

3x 150w, CFL's?? If so the cfl's will work just fine for veg. But when you go to flower/bloom youll have to mix things up a bit for that. You have plenty of time though before that happens. The set up for the Led is easy, just like any other light out there. A lot of people do mess up though by placing their Led's way to close to their plants. The Led's are pretty much lasers and with that they will penatrate far into the mass of the plant. More so than other lights in the market. As far as where to purchase them, you can visit the sponsor page and find some good deals for the Led's there as well as just hitting up amazon or eBay.

I actually bought my last 2 LEDs off of amazon and I was pleasantly surprised with how good they really are. I dont like buying things off the internet that I cant see and look at first but I went ahead and did it this time. The price was actually really good for what I got. On these a I paid $160 each which was a great buy. I really dont know how this seller was able to sell them for that price. I had looked around and saw the same lights on other sites and they were $100 bucks more each. They are the exact same brand and features as the ones I bought! The first LEDs that I bought were expensive! Like I said before on those they were $549 each! I bought those at a local store. The funny thing was when I went to use all of them. The plants responded a whole lot better to the cheaper ones then the more expensive ones I had already purchased. If a I had known at the time the ones from Amazon were going to be so good, I would have purchased them all from there in the first place. Live and learn I guess but the first two that I did buy were very good well built lights as well. They actually have a 5 year warranty each whichnis good when spending a lot of money.

If you ever need any help with LEDs or anything else, just give me a shout on your thread. Ive sub to it and Im on here a couple of times a day. Take care and have a good one!

Good day everybody. I'v decided to try and grow a beauty of my self and I need your help with calculations. How much will it cost me to run 2x 600w lights 18/6 everyday if in my country price for KWh is 0.16900

You also have to account for the ballast wattage which probably I would estimate at around 40W each... and if you are running a extraction fan that would be about 100W. So your total wattage used would be around 1380W or 1.38KW...

Here is how you would figure it out.....

Total Cost = KWH per month used x rate

so

Total Cost = (Total KW being used x how many hours a day x how many days per month) x Rate

Putting numbers in the formula would give you......

Total cost = (1.38KW x 18 x 30) x 0.169

Total Cost = $125.94 per month

If you didn't account for the wattage of the fan and the ballasts, then your total charge would be $109.51

now the actual may be a bit higher because of taxes and also not accounting for the fan running 24 hours instead of 18 hours, but that is a ballpark you can expect.

I actually found a way to work with 18€ a month with 10inch fan or eaven bigger wich uses 35W. And long lamps I cant remember what where they but long lamps like in school, they take only 37W and I will have 4 of them so they will give me enough lummens to work with + with a growing tent. But thank really :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom