Help with Light.

StoneyCt2010

I have been using the Top HPS 400 W bulb, and was thinking of changing lights to a 1000w HPS... After looking at the pros and cons, and the electricty bill, i decided to not buy a new 1000w system, and instead bought a UFO 90W LED Red Spectrum for Bloom, $199.00 (equil to a 400W HPS)... I'm using Both Lights, So now I have a total a 800W's in Flower???...
Does this sound right?? Im also adding a grow tent and 20lb tank of co2! So hopefully i'll be saying BANG!@

Re: Help with Light....

I have been using the Top HPS 400 W bulb, and was thinking of changing lights to a 1000w HPS... After looking at the pros and cons, and the electricty bill, i decided to not buy a new 1000w system, and instead bought a UFO 90W LED Red Spectrum for Bloom, $199.00 (equil to a 400W HPS)... I'm using Both Lights, So now I have a total a 800W's in Flower???...
Does this sound right?? Im also adding a grow tent and 20lb tank of co2! So hopefully i'll be saying BANG!@

you would have been better off with another HID lamp...The UFO is not going to kaka for you except make your grow area pretty. yes there are some LED's out there that grow pretty well but 90w isnt going to do much, and it being "equal" to a 400w HID is a lofty claim. Add the tent and forget about the gas for now

Re: Help with Light....

you would have been better off with another HID lamp...The UFO is not going to kaka for you except make your grow area pretty. yes there are some LED's out there that grow pretty well but 90w isnt going to do much, and it being "equal" to a 400w HID is a lofty claim. Add the tent and forget about the gas for now

UFO LED 90W ALL RED FLOWERING GROW LIGHT RED Hi-Intensity LEDs

All Red Flower Power 90 Pure Watts. There is not much more to say. Add this, with your other lighting, LED, T5 HPS and you will gain the right color that your plants want to flower the best. Exact Spectrum Enhancements will make your Flowers & Fruits with the results you seek.

90 DAY WARRANTY

AVERAGE COVERAGE WITH NO SUPPLEMENTAL LIGHTING: 3' X 3'

EQUIV TO 400 Watt High Pressure Sodium

Stoney, although there is the claim that a 90W LED may be the equivelent of a 400W HPS, but it really boils down to lumen output. Both HPS and LED have approxomately a 100-150 Lumen to Watt Ratio. So on the low side, a 400W HPS could put out 40000 lumens, where the 90W LED might only put out 9,000 lumens. BIG difference. Worth considering, but LED would not be a bad supplement and also keep the electricity bill down.

Hope this helps!!!

I agree with everyone else on this one. The LED's are decent for veg or if using as a supplement to your current light but it is certainly not going to be like having another 400w HPS

Back
Top Bottom