Help with tent sweating, humidity

So far since I’ve got an actual exhaust fan hooked up now, everything has been great! I just got a more “discreet” board for the exhaust ducting put up in my window to my room last night.

I purchased a 4 inch, 171 CFM fan that I’ve installed in my flower tent and it’s moving everything out very nicely. I was going to install it in my veg tent and exhaust both tents with it but I just hooked it up to the flower tent and just the power of the fan itself is enough to have an effect on the veg tent.

With the exhaust vent just in the window and the window cracked a bit for the vent, my temp dropped to around 61 degrees during my dark cycle and I actually expected it to drop more. So now that I have more board in my window keeping it a bit more closed, it should hold a little warmer temp during the dark cycle. But 61 degrees at the bottom of my flower tent I feel is fine during darkness. What do you guys think?

But since I’ve gotten some actual airflow, I’ve seen no sweating. That fan pulls up air from my house in general so I feel it’s generating a pretty decent air exchange.

I'd want it a little warmer, ten degrees or so less than the lights-on temperature (which should be higher than 71F).

I'd want it a little warmer, ten degrees or so less than the lights-on temperature (which should be higher than 71F).

Awesome, thank you. That’s what I’ve read as well but I always try to ask people with more experience just cause I’m paranoid. My temps were much better this evening. My flower tent stayed about 63-64 during the dark cycle today. It gets between 72-75 when the lights are on after a while. My humidity has been pretty steady at 50-53% when lights are on and 53-56% with them off with the exhaust now. And zero sign of any more sweating/condensation.

Thank you a ton for all your help. And I really thank everyone else and this forum! You all rock!

Back
Top Bottom