Help!

hustleordie

After topping plants seem to be doing great but on average how tall should a topped plant be before entering flowering. Mh solis tek 600 watt ocean forest soil and ff nutes

Re: Help!!

It depends on how much space you have.

As a rule of thumb, count on a plant stretching 2-3 times its height during flower. Some lanky sativas will go even more than that.

Keep in mind how much distance you need between the top of the canopy and bottom of your light (HIDs are hot!).

Also, there is no rule that says they should be at least X tall before flowering... some people grow 12/12 from seed and let their plant begin flowering as soon as it will.

It's all up to what you want to see in the end and how much space you have. ;)

Re: Help!!

Forgot mate welcome to 420! Poke around in the how to grow section and jump in a couple of journals and see what's what's or if you still need some answers let me know and I'll try to help..good luck

I know they tend to double maybe even triple this is just my first time topping im in week 3 and they are about 1 foot and bushy just wondering how long I should veg

Easy answer is as long as you need to to achieve the desired effect.i would let the tops establish. I would go at least until there are a few good nodes on the new tops so there is sufficient area to fill up with flowers. You'll have at least 2-3wks of rapid growth and stretch after you flip light cycles and that's when they boom so keep that in mind. But flower regardless though so it really is up to what you desire. Is that what you meant?

20140116_011122.jpg
20140116_011101.jpg
20140116_011049.jpg

transplant and let em veg a bit more so the roots can get used to the new pot and then flip
maybe at about 1.5 ft tall

looks like you got em in 3 gallon pots now?
you can go to 5 or 7 gallon depending on space

How large you let your plants grow before flowering them is a mater of necessity and personal choice based on how large of an area you have to work with and how large of a harvest you are after. Your plants appear to be large enough to flower if you wish to.

Back
Top Bottom