Hermie ? What to do?

Mollyjenny

Hi All,

In my first grow and have an interesting one. Have two plants (now segregated) and both started with female characteristics. About week into flowering one started displaying hermie signs but not ball shaped and when sliced open no signs of any pollen.

Plants are well segregated and I've got a couple of things I'm hoping people can help out with.

First would be is it a hermie or not?

Second I've fortunately got a secluded garden and down in a far flung corner I've got a completely wild plant growing and it is looking good. History was indoor under lights during March and April and then just shoved in a hole in the ground since then. Despite the coast of North East England being hardly renowned for its sun the plant is really blooming having survived everything the weather and nature can throw at it with no human intervention.

If I've got a hermie is it worth just throwing it on the same plot as I assume the seeds would be hardy little so and so's or is that trying to run before I can even walk?

Next (only one more!) - if I did this is, is it worth keeping the final bud off the hermie as some sites say as a reserve stash it's still smokeable & the only reason to get rid of them is to avoid making seeds.

Whoops lied - given myself a headache reading on hermies; aside from the obvious does it make any difference whether a hermie is a male showing female or a female showing male tendencies.

If you're still with me (should have really done a blog) there is one final gallery picture called leaf and bud - if anybody is good with nutirents does this look like I've been over / under doing something (mix used is a Dutch Organic Blooming called Top Max N 0.1 Phos 0.01 Pott 0.1 Iron 0.009 Mang 0.001 Zn .004 Cu .001 )

Thanks for reading this far and to all who have offered advice & frienship so far.

:thanks:

Your pictures are too large to post into the thread. Interesting though. I'd like to have someone else's opinion. Have you witnessed any of the sacks opening up?

i have the same strange situation(kind of),i had a free g13 quicksilver,it was showing hairs etc at the beggining,but now is showing traits of hermi....or is it,i have bundles of hairs,but on one stem is a calyx with a hair protruding,very ball like,the bud is very pyramid like,with tiny other cones inside making up the pyramid!!!,other plants i have grown out have been hairs start to finish,this is very dense,welll...........cones,is this a hermi??????

knowledge is power!!!!

one love

albertgrow123:Rasta:

Hi,

It's a bit difficult to tell because of their size but as far as I can see there are no signs of any opening & they appear to reach a certain size then stop growing. I'll have alooking in the morning to see if there has been any change overnight as now parked up in a potting shed.

Ooops, sorry. ;-) I have people calling me a dude all the time, so I feel your pain. ;-)

ms Fox I did the name thing too,I think he needs to plant a different strain of seeds as they all look kinda the same.;)

Back
Top Bottom