Hermies!

Ifbleaf

I've had nothing but hermied crops in 5 grows. Ok I think I have evoked this with bad habits of defoliation well into flowering! And snapping main branches. My question is about the feminised aspect of the hermies. I originally thought it was the seeds from wweed seed shop Amsterdam. But I've just had 4barneys farm seeds all hermy together. There's not been a light leak. I've got regular seeds on the way. Any thoughts please

Female seeds are definitely more prone to herm but so will regular seed. With all the cross breeding and trying to get the next best thing genetics overall have become pretty unstable. I been growing 15 years with no breaks. I've only come across 4 keepers. I've had a lot of bomber strains but they herm n they gotta go! Sensimilla only for this guy!

some strains are very sensitive to stress , so you could be correct in that you invoked it . Some strains late in flower naturally produce a couple male pollen sacks , as stated above that can be breed out . Typically now a days when people say hermie its because they see a couple of pollen sacks on their plants . When I think hermie they are all over the plant . I have had a plant completely change sex after flowering for a certain period of time ..the entire upper portion of the plant became male.

What reg seeds did you get?
Barneys farm , ggxzkittlez, cookies kush& triple cheese .but its this that makes me question my roughneck training.ive got another 3 criticalkush , blueberry og & peyote critical. All seedlingsin soil 1 week old

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_173810.jpg
    IMG_20190727_173810.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 66
please note that plant stress can not only be training techniques but be from the environment also ..like light stress ,stress from temperate as well as feed and watering techniques ….basically you can stress/a plant can get stressed from any and all things in the grow . some are finicky some are not .

please note that plant stress can not only be training techniques but be from the environment also ..like light stress ,stress from temperate as well as feed and watering techniques ….basically you can stress/a plant can get stressed from any and all things in the grow . some are finicky some are not .
Ive had one grow suffer light overdose when i first got ac hoods . But youre absolutely right and the hot humid summer were enjoying this year in uk has taughtme more .:blunt::passitleft:

Thank you. I'm needing to address my feeding levels and techniques.. appreciate the input.

Way to put in work!!:passitleft:
Way 2go. Am loving the personal touch on 420. I'm a fan of the joint 'serious fourside' & 'nebula haze' sites to be the Grow Weed Easy site . Full of facts but no human fine details for the other sites implementation of said techniques.
One love:hug::Rasta::ganjamon:

I've had nothing but hermied crops in 5 grows. Ok I think I have evoked this with bad habits of defoliation well into flowering! And snapping main branches. My question is about the feminised aspect of the hermies. I originally thought it was the seeds from wweed seed shop Amsterdam. But I've just had 4barneys farm seeds all hermy together. There's not been a light leak. I've got regular seeds on the way. Any thoughts please

just a question . . . . with 5 hermies in a row

did you wash down everything with 1-4 bleach after the first hermie?
have you re-used anything without washing it down?
You probably already know this but did you get new soil?

saying this because if the pollen sacks did bust open, it will contaminate the surroundings.

Fair point. Yes and no. If I were getting mature plants fertilised I will be kicking myself hard. I assume hermies are caused by anything but pollen . Please correct me if I am wrong and if my eventually non hermied prize buds (thanks to 420) and they get fertilsed I will send you my cap . but yes I try to wash down the tent for posterity. How long does pollen survive??

Fair point. Yes and no. If I were getting mature plants fertilised I will be kicking myself hard. I assume hermies are caused by anything but pollen . Please correct me if I am wrong and if my eventually non hermied prize buds (thanks to 420) and they get fertilsed I will send you my cap . but yes I try to wash down the tent for posterity. How long does pollen survive??

I don't know, that;s why I washed down everything after it happened to me last winter.
Zero problems since.

That's possible I will be very annoyed with a good mature grow ruinned . The hermies are all down to a series of recidivist style of mistreating this weed. Getting my bearings thanks to the likes of your good self and an abundance of others. Happy growing. I geuss that pollen dropped into soil is watered down and broken down along with the other organic matter??? And thanks.

Back
Top Bottom