Hey Canucks, Legalization Equals End Of Hockey?

Ennui

I was wondering if legalization was going to be the downfall of hockey. I mean it's origin was to allow cabin-bound people to get outdoors during long winters and take frustrations out on a puck or a neighbor's skull with a stick, right? Now that people can have something to do (garden) in the comfort of their living room and they have Tijuana Tranquilizer close to hand (removing the violent tendencies), what would be the draw?

Now you have pro's whomping on each other. Will the refs break up the fights or drag up a chair and pop popcorn? Will they even fight in the first place. Maybe this was how figure skating was invented, a bunch of stoned hockey players drawing pretty pictures in the ice.

As to TV coverage, the pucks move fast. Would the baked cameramen be able to keep up if they hadn't left their post and are instead at concessions with the munchies? The announcers down in the crowd chatting up birds?

What say ye? :popcorn:

I was wondering if legalization was going to be the downfall of hockey. I mean it's origin was to allow cabin-bound people to get outdoors during long winters and take frustrations out on a puck or a neighbor's skull with a stick, right? Now that people can have something to do (garden) in the comfort of their living room and they have Tijuana Tranquilizer close to hand (removing the violent tendencies), what would be the draw?

Now you have pro's whomping on each other. Will the refs break up the fights or drag up a chair and pop popcorn? Will they even fight in the first place. Maybe this was how figure skating was invented, a bunch of stoned hockey players drawing pretty pictures in the ice.

As to TV coverage, the pucks move fast. Would the baked cameramen be able to keep up if they hadn't left their post and are instead at concessions with the munchies? The announcers down in the crowd chatting up birds?

What say ye? :popcorn:
:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::slide::slide:

Hockey has been on a downhill slide toward figure skating with nets for awhile. I miss old school hockey so badly.

They'll probably call weed a performance enhancing drug to keep it out, that's what they do in professional chess.

Back
Top Bottom