Hey guys my first time growing

Even if the plant has a disease or insect on the leaf it is still best to keep the leaves there until the problem has been figured out and some sort of remedy started. Taking the leaf off does not always mean the problem left with that leaf.

Compost is a good thing. It might seem like a lot of questions but we need to know if it is pure compost from your compost pile or from a bag. What has been mixed in with the compost? The "Holy Trinity" of soil mixes is Peat Moss, and then something for aeration. Perlite or rice hulls are examples. And, finally the compost and/or worm castings or a mix of those. All three serve a purpose and really help grow better plants. And, there are ratios of the three.

If you are going to refill the cup with compost and replant that seedling it is best to know just what is being used.

The little tiny bit of yellow at the very tip is probably not something to worry about at this point. I think that there is a slight deficiency causing the leaf to turn that gray-green color and start to dry out. The plant is not getting something it needs from your compost and the next step is to figure out what. Knowing more about the soil/compost will help figure out what it is.
Yeah the compost was in a bag I bought at a supermarket

Mulch is one thing, a well buffered soil is a whole different animal. For seedlings most start in a very light seedling soil mix so as to not burn the little ones up. If you are growing photoperiods you can transplant multiple times but if you are growing autoflowers it’s best to start in large final container of like 3 gallons or more, but then you’ve got to learn proper watering techniques

Pretty sure watering too much brought you here, its very common trap for new growers to fall into. For seedlings use a spray bottle to mist the top of the soil, soil needs to be damp but not wet and it needs to dry out too. Soil roots and water roots are 2 different things.... this isn’t hydro so roots can’t breathe in a constantly saturated soil...

Yeah don’t snip the leaves, even tho they look bad and yes the problem can climb up the plant.... real deal is nutrients are stored in those bad looking leaves and cutting them guarantees the problem will climb up to the next pair

Do you have a nutrient line up planned for the plants? Geoflora is a sponsor and they have an organic dry mix nutrient that you top dress with every 2 weeks and water in. Another good one is mega crop it’s an all in one product. Weed has high and specialized nutrient demands that change from veg cycle to flower mode. Most of the soil products from hardware or big box stores won’t be adequate to go from seed to harvest without some nutes being added.

I’m going to throw a dart at urban legend / bro science on the pill

I know it may feel like info overload or that you are being ganged up on but not the case -we are all just trying to help you get cranked up. You have some killer help at your fingertips, I’m just the newbie - these other cats can grow for realz

Mulch is one thing, a well buffered soil is a whole different animal. For seedlings most start in a very light seedling soil mix so as to not burn the little ones up. If you are growing photoperiods you can transplant multiple times but if you are growing autoflowers it’s best to start in large final container of like 3 gallons or more, but then you’ve got to learn proper watering techniques

Pretty sure watering too much brought you here, its very common trap for new growers to fall into. For seedlings use a spray bottle to mist the top of the soil, soil needs to be damp but not wet and it needs to dry out too. Soil roots and water roots are 2 different things.... this isn’t hydro so roots can’t breathe in a constantly saturated soil...

Yeah don’t snip the leaves, even tho they look bad and yes the problem can climb up the plant.... real deal is nutrients are stored in those bad looking leaves and cutting them guarantees the problem will climb up to the next pair

Do you have a nutrient line up planned for the plants? Geoflora is a sponsor and they have an organic dry mix nutrient that you top dress with every 2 weeks and water in. Another good one is mega crop it’s an all in one product. Weed has high and specialized nutrient demands that change from veg cycle to flower mode. Most of the soil products from hardware or big box stores won’t be adequate to go from seed to harvest without some nutes being added.

I’m going to throw a dart at urban legend / bro science on the pill

I know it may feel like info overload or that you are being ganged up on but not the case -we are all just trying to help you get cranked up. You have some killer help at your fingertips, I’m just the newbie - these other cats can grow for realz
No it's okay I need as much comments because it's my first time growing so all the info is much needed thank you guys

16186795288065015013437923141323.jpg

So I cut the dry leaves off but that was only after u guys said that I should leave them on so what whould happen now any suggestions?

Also I'm not aware if they are autos or photos how do I tell tho?
Depends on where you got the seed from. If you bought it then the seller should have told you whether it was an auto or photo. If the seed came from a bag of weed then it is 'bag seed' and no one will know until it becomes a mature plant.

But if this plant dies I'm going too just replant and start off fresh I'm already busy with replanting
Nor sure of just what this means. You are already busy with replanting? When we said replant earlier in the thread we were talking about gently taking that little plant out of the cup. Then filling the cup up properly and replanting it back into the cup, which is also called transplanting.

So I cut the dry leaves off but that was only after u guys said that I should leave them on so what whould happen now any suggestions?
Are you saying that after everyone suggested leaving those leaves on until we know that the problem is you went and cut them off anyway?

What that photo in message #29 looks like is that you cut the tips off. And you cut the cup down so that the soil is at the same lever at the rim of the cup. If you did that then there is still the same amount of soil and that does not help.

What happens now is we start over and wait until another set of leaves starts to get ugly looking and drying out. You only have a one set of leaves left and those are single finger leaves.

But tell me does birth control pills help for growth of plants cos I heard it from few people
You have a young plant that is showing problems. Watering with potato water is not the answer. Yes, I have heard of it. It can be used on mature plants that have a decent root system and a lot of leaves. The theory on why it works is that the starch in the potato water turns into sugars and feeds the micro-organisms which in turn feed the plant.

I have heard of the birth control pills helping plant growth. The question is whether adding even more human hormones, real or artificial to the environment is a good thing.

First figure out the problem so it does not happen again. Then experiment after you are comfortable growing plant after plant all the way through to harvest.

Growing healthy plants, especially indoors, is not easy. There is a learning curve.

Get it out of the cup and plant it in its final container.
Put it under the lights (good higher end lamps)
Control the temp., humidity and airflow.
Use a soiless grow media, such as Pro Mix HP/CC.
Have a good tester. Blue Lab or what I use is an Apera Instruments PC60 Kit.
Maintain a Ph between 5.85 and 6.20, I am around 6.0.
My nutrients manufacturer recommends an EC of 1.8
I use a 4 container Auto Pot system, fairly simple and problem free, with exceptions Wicks the nutrients from the bottom up.
Keep it simple. It will grow.
Try not to overthink it. Just get what you need, learn how to use it, maintain a clean healthy environment.
Start with the basics then experiment on the next grow.
Never have used the method of up sizing containers. Plant it where it going to end up. Allow the roots to seek out what it needs naturally. Once I learned I always have had a good yeild and quality bud. Not looking for a picture perfect grow, just one that is consistent and satisfying to boot.
Good luck.
(two weeks till harvest)

20210417_121835.jpg

20210413_134453.jpg

Get it out of the cup and plant it in its final container.
Put it under the lights (good higher end lamps)
Control the temp., humidity and airflow.
Use a soiless grow media, such as Pro Mix HP/CC.
Have a good tester. Blue Lab or what I use is an Apera Instruments PC60 Kit.
Maintain a Ph between 5.85 and 6.20, I am around 6.0.
My nutrients manufacturer recommends an EC of 1.8
I use a 4 container Auto Pot system, fairly simple and problem free, with exceptions Wicks the nutrients from the bottom up.
Keep it simple. It will grow.
Try not to overthink it. Just get what you need, learn how to use it, maintain a clean healthy environment.
Start with the basics then experiment on the next grow.
Never have used the method of up sizing containers. Plant it where it going to end up. Allow the roots to seek out what it needs naturally. Once I learned I always have had a good yeild and quality bud. Not looking for a picture perfect grow, just one that is consistent and satisfying to boot.
Good luck.
(two weeks till harvest)

20210417_121835.jpg

20210413_134453.jpg
So do u think that after transplanting into a bigger pot that the leaves I cut off will regrow or whould ther be any problems due too me cutting those dry leaves off?

I would not cut anything off that seedling.
No idea of how your grow area is set up.
I have a open 4x4 area and use a 400w/600w switchable electronic ballast.
After germination I will take the seed with tap root at least 1/2in and plant it directly, tap root down, into its permanent container. Keep the Pro Mix moist with Ph'd water. Use a 400w MH HID Hortilux daylight blue bulb in an air cooled reflector at about 20" above the plants. Put this on an 18x6 cycle.
The cup is also restricting the needed flow of air. A mild flow of indirect air around the plant, proper lighting, humidity has a wide range, no added nutrients for a week or so. Use tap water at the correct Ph.
Plants will either thrive or die. In which case start over.
If it works you could begin the Bloom cycle in 30 days.
Good luck, like to know how it works out.
Become familiar with the basics, keep it simple.

After germination I will take the seed with tap root at least 1/2in and plant it directly, tap root down, into its permanent container. Keep the Pro Mix moist with Ph'd water. Use a 400w MH HID Hortilux daylight blue bulb in an air cooled reflector at about 20" above the plants. Put this on an 18x6 cycle.
The cup is also restricting the needed flow of air. A mild flow of indirect air around the plant, proper lighting, humidity has a wide range, no added nutrients for a week or so. Use tap water at the correct Ph.
So I just transplanted them now too final pot but I got a quick question does lemon peels have the 3 main nutes for my plants?

To be honest my grow setup I build myself so it's not like this fancy grow tents with extracter fans and this hydro lights but do u think that might be the problem tho

If you are serious about growing and sustaining cannabis you need to plan it out, know what nutrients and environmental control equipment to have and know how to use it.
Lemon rind? Really?
It takes money to buy the equipment to set up a serious grow. It is an in investment in yourself. Even though I am constantly making purchase of Bulbs, nutrients, calibration solutions etc. It has still paid for itself as opposed spending by the gram from a dispensary. I average at least 1.75lbs per grow.
If your plan of action is to place it next to a window and feed it lemon rind, just shoot it now.

If you are serious about growing and sustaining cannabis you need to plan it out, know what nutrients and environmental control equipment to have and know how to use it.
Lemon rind? Really?
It takes money to buy the equipment to set up a serious grow. It is an in investment in yourself. Even though I am constantly making purchase of Bulbs, nutrients, calibration solutions etc. It has still paid for itself as opposed spending by the gram from a dispensary. I average at least 1.75lbs per grow.
If your plan of action is to place it next to a window and feed it lemon rind, just shoot it now.
No I ddnt give them the lemon rind I was just reading through some articles that said it contains nitrogen,phosphorus and potassium but I wanted too first hear from u guys bfre doing so

Back
Top Bottom