Hi guys newbie here

jungle jungle

Hello folks.

Been reading through some of the threads and it has been very very informative.thank you

Im about to start a grow for the first time ever,and it just so happens to be a Deep Water Culture system that i will be using..im so excited and some of your grows look amazing.

my setup consists of a square meter budda room tent,runing a 600 watt hps light,equipped with fan and carbon filter.

im not exactly sure of the size of my buckets(ill get back to you) but they are a nice size and i will be using 4 of these in my tent.

i have 2 clip on fans which i will be using for some additional airflow,and i will be getting a desktop fan 2moro for the main flow of air,as im pretty sure those smaller fans wont be adequate enough.lol

im using the nutrients that the guy from my local hydroponics store sells and reccomends which are the vitalink brand.this may change in time but for now ill just go with these.
VitaLink - Professional Plant Additives - BIOPAC

I will be growing uk cheese from cuttings...i shall upload some pics of my setup 2moro once it is complete.

I have done quite abit of reading on this forum so far,and learnt alot..but guys if there is anything advice you can fire at me to help me get started with confidnece..would be much appreciated.

I am in this for the long haul,and really looking forward to making friends with you guys whilst learning.

Cheers

Welcome! Good luck with the grow. There are a lot of people here with a lot of experience and we will all be ready to help if you have any questions. Will check back to see how its going.

Welcome and goodluck with your grow. There is all the info a grower could ever need on this site and some of the most experienced and helpful people you can find. :smokin:

:welcome: to 420Mag jungle jungle. We are here to spread Cannabis Awareness throughout the universe and appreciate your thread. Please stop by the 420Mag Lounge and Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine giving all 420Mag members the chance to meet and greet you. If there is anything we can assist you with please let us know. Please feel free to :surf: Our https://www.420magazine.com/community/ and tell us what you think?
It would be a great idea for you to read Our Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
Stay cool and safe:goodluck: Keep us posted

Many thanks for your messages of support and encouragment guys.

I will have my camera here 2moro, so that i can upload pictures of my setup and see if there is any advice you might have.

I purchased a digital temperature and humidity reader,and done some tests for around 20 minutes at a time. There is no water in the buckets or plants growing,just trying to get a rough idea of how much heat is in the tent.

The lowest i have achieved so far is around 86 degrees, however the tent didnt seem like i sauna at this stage,and humidity was fine.

I had my desktop fan situated on the floor of the tent on a fast setting,and then attached one of my smaller fans to the light shield,which is what took it from a stable 106 degrees,to around the 86 mark.

Im aware from reading previous threads that i need to have my temperature somwhere around the 72 mark?

i understand this is probably a useless post without pics of my setup,but if you guys could hang tight until the morning,i will be posting some up.

Any advice is appreciated in the meantime however

thanks a bunch:)

Jungle jungle welcome my friend. As far as your temps go 86 is a bit high but feasable granted your bringing in enough fresh air?? Do you have an intake?? If so what is the fan rated at? CO2 is key when running temps that high but ideally you want a 10-15 degree difference between your day and night temps. Try using a cool mist humidifier, and you can aim it at you rez as well, works like a swamp cooler! Happy growing, and I hope this helps

I'm changing bedrooms as i just wasn't able to get enough air intake into the room or tent.still getting around 88..is it a good idea to have all 3 flaps at the bottom of the tent open?

I am moving it to the back room which has a very discreet window,so i can draw air straight from the window being slightly ajar,and also pump the heat from the tent out of the window aswell.

Sorry for not having anything concrete yet,but i really want to get this right before i commence

Thanks again for your replys

Back
Top Bottom