Hi I’m new to growing cannabis

Kyleb123

420 Member
I’m using led grow lights in a 4x4 tent I’m currently growing a gsc early flower and I’m using soil im feeding canna coco a and b because I read online it was ok in small doses I’m just looking for a precise dose because I’ve had nutrient deficiency I’ve been feeding 1.5 ml of each a and b in 1L of water

Here’s some photos

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey 123, take a look at this first…. How to ask for grow support?

Can you tell us more…. What exactly is the grow media in your buckets? Do you have a cal-mag product? What ratio does the Canna labels recommend for dosing? How often do you water? How often do you feed? Do you adjust ph? To what value?

There is a huge difference between soil and coco so we need to clear that up first. Coco coir is inert there are zero nutes in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed. Coco coir is considered drain to waste hydro so hydro rules apply meaning ph adjusted to 5.8 for coco. A plant grown in coco will starve without nutes, whereas soil alone can sustain a plant for a while but many soils need additional nutes to get to harvest. Yes most soil growers use nutes anyway to achieve better results. Soil needs ph of 6.3

Some bottled nutes are chelated and intended for hydro only (includes coco) and don’t cross over well into soil. But one thing I’m not hearing you mention is cal-mag. Never used Canna A&B myself but most nutes give NPK only and cal-mag is not included yet the plant needs NPK plus cal & mag. Suspect lack of cal-mag may be cause of deficiency.

color is good shade of green, little bit of leaf tipping from nute burn but that’s not a bad thing it just means your nutes are hitting pay dirt and any more would be too much and any less would be not enough….. but the leaf edges do look symptomatic.

my 2 cents but see what other replies come in

Let’s put it this way between the soil and the Canna A&B enough nutes are getting thru to slightly burn the leaf tips, again this is not bad but weed has certain nutrients demands it needs High N but lower PK in veg yet in flower it needs little to no N but higher PK however it needs cal-mag all the way thru. This is why most off the shelf soils don’t cut the mustard. So all purpose soil means houseplants or tomatoes but typically it’s not crafted with enough goodies or the right goodies for the peculiar needs of cannabis.

Hey Nunya please jump in and comment more on what you see!!!

Here’s some photos

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hello @Kyleb123 welcome to 420magazine.
Looks like you have a couple great members helping you already.
Looks like you have a bit too much nitrogen in flower. :Namaste:
I don't use those nutrients but I'd try and cut it back. Nitrogen?
And next run id use cloth bags,5 gal minimum.
What light are you using?she could use more energy i think.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom