Hi New Guy Here

Hi all - this is my first post and I apologize if it comes across negatively, however I want to phrase this as a question and get your feedback on a seed purchase experience.

Vendor - Seedsman.

Story - in Nov I saw seedsman had an up to 8 freebies plus 25% off for first time bitcoin. To leverage this special I build my bitcoin account as instructed and went to make a purchase with the $250 in bitcoin i just purchased from coinbase. Every time I tried to make a purchase with bitcoin, it timed out and failed at time of payment. I conversed back and forth in a number of exchanges with seedsman help. I tried a number of things based on their advice. Finally they said this would be escalated to their bitcoin expert. After not hearing back for about a week I contacted seedsman for an update and at that time they said i should pay another way. This meant that on my ~ $250 purchase, this savings of ~$62 was no longer available. I did not get the extra 8 seeds for making the bitcoin purchase. I did not get many seeds i wanted because during all of this delay they were becoming out of stock.

Before paying another way I contacted coinbase to see what could be done and they explained to me that the vendor (seedsman) needed to wait longer for the acknowledgement of this first purchase. What was going on was that Seedsman only waited 15 minutes for the bitcoin payment acknowledgement and as a first time bitcoin user this acknowledge takes a while, likley an hour. I then contacted Seedsman with this info to see what they could do and the response was - nothing.

So here i was, put money in coinbase (where it also dropped in value) with nowhere to spend it. Having to pay "full price", lost out on some seeds i wanted and lost out on the 8 freebies.

I placed my order via card and it took 25 days to arrive.

Questions -
Is this a normal situation?
Is this something unique to this vendor (this never happened with other vendors i used)?
Should I ask seedsman for the promo value i lost out on?
Just drop it?

What would advise?

Thanks!

PPS

Talk to Seedsman and see what they are willing to do. Seedsman has an excellent reputation for customer service. I've never really gotten into bitcoin so can't really give you an answer there.

Hi,
I believe you need to write them an email, usually our sponsors have excellent customer service.
There must be a case of misunderstanding in your conversations.
Explain again from step one and state you lost promo due to the problems with bitcoin payment.
I'm certain they will clear it out.

Back
Top Bottom