Hi There

WINDSORHIPPIEGIRL

Hi there, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Krystal and I am a long time smoker, first time grower. I am actually about to do my first harvest in about a month.

It was a rough grow but I have learned a lot from it. It was an outdoor backyard grow and trust me, I can not wait to sink my teeth into those tasty buds. She wasn't a big yield but I am still proud that I grew something.

I am starting seedlings now in my house because i want to attempt an indoor grow over the winter to give me another harvest during the winter.

I guess this is an introduction and a question. I have been reading the forums here for a while and everyone seems so nice and knowledgeable. So here it goes....

My seedlings are about a week old now, and I had them growing in jiffy pucks. But the roots started growing out the bottom of the pucks and started to dry out a bit, so I just transferred them into solo cups with sterilized seed starter. The juffy pucks were almost completely bone dry

The seed srarter was damp and not wet wet I planted them into the solo cups. I just placed the jiffy pucks into the cups of dampened seed starter... so I guess my question is... will they survive?

One of the seedling's leaves started to dry up and curl but the other leaf is fine so I am just hoping that they will survive.

If anyone could answer this and let me know if i did the right things... this would be super helpful. I have never dealt with seedlings. My plant was already passed this stage when I got it

Thanks

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum @WINDSORHIPPIEGIRL :welcome:

Short answer, yes they'll live if you don't over water them (Read the sticky in my signature about watering)

I usually drop my beans into a cup of water (careful not to mix them up) for 18 to 20 hours, and then into a moist paper towel, keep it moist until a tap root shows itself and is at least a half inch long, then into my seedling starter mix :thumb:

Welcome to the forum @WINDSORHIPPIEGIRL :welcome:

Short answer, yes they'll live if you don't over water them (Read the sticky in my signature about watering)

I usually drop my beans into a cup of water (careful not to mix them up) for 18 to 20 hours, and then into a moist paper towel, keep it moist until a tap root shows itself and is at least a half inch long, then into my seedling starter mix :thumb:
I came home from work today and they died lol... its all good, time to start on another round of seeds

I came home from work today and they died lol... its all good, time to start on another round of seeds
Damn, sorry to hear that :passitleft: here, relax and take solace in knowing that I killed a bunch of shi! when I started :rofl:

My 2 cents...Get a gallon of "Spring Water" ...get some solo cups ...get some seedling starter mix ...........

Fill solo cup 1 third of the way up with the spring water, put seeds inside, let set for 20 hours, during that time, try to sink them to the bottom with your finger tips (wash hands first:rofl:) If it takes longer to sink let them set, otherwise, fold a good paper towel in half and set on a plate, pour water slowly onto paper towel, unfold towel and put seeds in center, spacing them apart, if seeds don't come out, pluck the bottom while holding the open side firm against the towel, as not to lose any beans...keep paper towel on the plate and moist, and in a dark warm spot until you see tap roots about half to three quarters long, and then they're ready for your pre-moistened seedling starter...I use Jiffy seed starter mix...:hug::goodluck::high-five:
jiffy.JPG

Back
Top Bottom