Hidden behind the flowers

artwind

I have been reading about hiding plants of which many of the plants I read about I have used (i.e. tomato) to mask my garden. But one other that usually works best is attaching cheap plastic flowers to the plants. Don't use large exciting flowers they attract too much attention, the more common the better. Also it works best if the flowers are small. I usually get my best selection from the dumpsters in cemeteries. They are free and there is a good selection of mundane flowers. I keep them in a box and change them throughout the summer then store them for next season.

Well, it's not gonna help much if a plant is 12 feet or so :)

Well, it's not gonna help much if a plant is 12 feet or so :)

This is a good point and for sure my space is limited. There will be exchanges w/ different plants but for a plant that I know will get to that height attach a cord to a firm spot of the trunk near the top and bend it down stretching it horizontally over a period of days. The plant adapts and produces buds like SOG. But of course you will begin this process at the plants early stages knowing it will become that tall. So there are are advanced estimation you should consider (like the spacing around the plant). Then I use plastic flowers. .

In my area, outdoor grows are spotted by aircraft.

I used to work a gorilla grow back in the day, and the 'manager' of that site would have us put down rolls and rolls of green outdoor carpet in between the plants. He claimed that, from the air, it looks like a big green patch - not an alert. But neat rows of bright green plants on brown dirt ... well, they know what that is.

~ Auggie ~

I don't know how reliable that is. I know that in one state they used thermal equiptment which supposedly determined the plant by temperature. What you say makes perfect sense if the plants are not in rows.

Yeah it all boils down to the number and their height. If you are growing 100 plants in 5 rows they're gonna spot you :) But if you're legit who cares. Here it's not legal unfortunately, and the sun blazes, so they grow tall :) Anyway there is a way to solve it. You just plant later, around late May, early June.

The problem is, at least in my part of the country, is that the laws are so ambiguous and contradictory that it is up to the Chief of Cops, Sherriff, DA and even the cop on the street as to which laws they want to enforce. Which means, in reality, it is no more legal now than it was 20 years ago because those same laws are still on the books.
My understanding of 215 in California is that it gives you a "presumptive defense". That means that when you are arrested, the DA has the burden of proof if you have a 215 card. But, hell, don't the accused ALWAYS have the presumption of innocence? Change is happening slowly, very slowly.

I have all my paperwork in order, BUT, I am as stealthy now as I have always been.

~ Auggie ~

Yeah, I heard about it already. They move between the counties to get a better deal on growing. Are you in SoCal or NorCal, Auggie?

Ah sorry bout that man, but I just saw where you're at. I thought they were pretty relaxed in Humboldt, seems it's not true.

I never thought about putting one plant in with my tomatoes. That is an option, but I have to many guests who visit my garden and so I think anything I do outside has to be mobile. In a pot. That is how I did it last year and it was a pain, cause I had 11. But this year I'm only thinking about doing one big one in a smart pot.

Or maybe, at the end of my tomatoes I'll do an auto or something.... hard to figure out how I explain that to my kids who are more active in the gardens each year. Hmmmm

Thanks for the knowledge folks ;)

Humboldt may more relaxed about it. They are in Mendocino County - right on the coast. I am in Shasta county - inland towards the top of the San Joaquin Valley. City of Redding, and Shasta County are very, very anti MMJ. People get arrested here all the time for growing. It's an industry here.

If you don't have $50k in the war chest for a lawyer (from outside this area) you will use a Public Pretender - and be convicted.

~ Auggie ~

Fuckin' hell man that sounds like shit cooking 24/7. Yeah in that case I'd stay very guerilla based.

There are many thoughts that go into masking the plant as I have been reading.
I have had success w/ hidden plants even w/ company around the garden in question. What worked for me in the past was to use a verity of plants especially attractive plants. Manicured marijuana leafs w/ potted plants and other objects of interest lead people to walk by w/out notice. Another word make the your 'Mary Jane' less attractive or controversial (which it natural would since it is a weed)then its surroundings. You could also have objects like rocks, bird baths, broken chairs, etc. that redirect or take interest from the path to glory

Back
Top Bottom